Luxury experiential company andBeyond will open its first lodge outside of Africa in South America. Set in Chile’s Lake District, Hacienda Hotel Vira Vira will close in June and reopen as andBeyond Vira Vira on September 1, 2018. This opening is an important milestone on andBeyond’s journey to ‘export’ their business model of doing well while doing good into South America and beyond.
andBeyond’s vision has always been a long-term one – getting to a place where the company consistently delivers on its model of Care of the Land, Care of the People, Care of the Wildlife in Africa. Over the past three years, andBeyond has taken major steps forward in exporting this model out of Africa and into South America, and the opening of andBeyond Vira Vira is another step forward in this long-term vision.
andBeyond Vira Vira
What’s cool about Vira Vira?
1. Located close to Pucón, Chile, andBeyond Vira Vira will offer a roster of adventure activities, from horseback riding to fly fishing to white water rafting to scenic helicopter flights. Winter-lovers can head to andBeyond Vira Vira in our summer for the best skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling conditions in South America.
2. andBeyond Vira Vira is on a working farm and will carry out the “farm-to-table” concept in its restaurant. All ingredients will be produced on-site, replicating the ethos of sustainability that andBeyond maintains and reinforces through all of its lodges.
3. The lodge incorporates the ancient wisdom and way of life of the local Mapuche people into the guest experience, promoting and offering an opportunity to experience a traditional way of life.
4. andBeyond Vira Vira welcomes the littlest of andBeyond travelers with its WILDchild programs – kids can take part in fun (and educational) adventures.
5. Outdoor dining allows andBeyond guests to enjoy the lodge’s location along the shores of the Liucura river and the pristine natural beauty of its surroundings.
andBeyond is one of the world’s leading luxury experiential travel companies, designing personalized high-end tours in 15 countries in Africa, five in Asia and four in South America. Additionally, we own and operate 29 extraordinary lodges and camps in Africa’s iconic safari and island destinations; as well as offer small group, set-departure journeys throughout Africa, Asia and South America. This enables us to positively impact more than 9 million acres of wildlife land and 2,000 kilometers of coastline.
Established in 1991, andBeyond takes exceptional care of our guests in order to make a difference; our commitment to sustainable responsible travel, conservation and community empowerment has been globally recognized with multiple awards over the years. We offer warm local hospitality and sublime natural luxury that combine with interpretive natural experiences, led by highly-skilled guides and rangers.