- Queensland is the destination hotspot for members of international travel membership company, WorldVentures, with Cairns rated the top holiday destination for those holidaying through the organisation’s popular travel club, DreamTrips. According to the latest results of WorldVentures Australian Membership Survey for 2016, Cairns trumps other Australian and international locations as the global holiday destination of choice for Australian travellers and proves extremely popular among global travel club members.
The survey revealed that the sunshine state is attracting a majority of Australian DreamTrips travellers, with Hamilton Island and the Gold Coast also listed in the top five preferred holiday locations.
These three Australian destinations bumped popular international holiday hubs such as Bali into fourth position for desired DreamTrips by Australian members.
“This indicates the growing appeal of ‘staycations’ for Australian travellers as they look to explore home soil,” said Anthony Fitzgerald, General Manager, Asia Pacific, WorldVentures.
“Cairns hits the spot for our adventurous DreamTrippers, with its white-sand beaches, rainforests and coral reefs, so it is no wonder it continues to be the number one destination for Australian DreamTrips members. As a company, WorldVentures hopes to further strengthen our relationships with Cairns tourist operations into the future to continue fulfilling dreams of those wishing to explore the tropical city of Cairns,” he added.
To cater for growing interest in DreamTrips holidays by Australian members, WorldVentures opened their first Australian office in Homebush, Sydney in late 2016.
“As our membership grows, we continue to see thriving interest in Cairns from both our local and global membership base,” said Mr Fitzgerald.
“We have over 500,000 members worldwide and we are on track to deliver some 250 DreamTrips coming in to Australia this year alone. This will represent vacations for thousands of members right here in Australia. After all, there is no place like home!”
The Cairns DreamTrips curated holiday package is an attractive offering for travellers. The Cairns DreamTrips includes a full-day cruise to Michaelmas Cay through the Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling and ecological presentations conducted by Marine biologists.
Accommodation is at the luxurious Hotel Pullman Cairns International, in its noteworthy location in the heart of the Cairns central business district which provides easy access to the Great Barrier Reef and other famous attractions. WorldVentures’ success can be attributed to the team’s ability to offer desirable itineraries that benefit the industry and its members alike.
Out of the global database of DreamTrips members travelling to Australian destinations, 25% were domestic travellers with the remaining 75% foreigners.
Last year saw 8.1 million international arrivals into Australia, spending $38.8 billion AUD, with each international traveller contributing an estimated $4,790 to the industry(1).
“With both international and domestic travellers flocking to Cairns, it is certainly still one of the most important hubs for Australia’s tourism industry, and WorldVentures through our DreamTrips holidays is pleased to be able to play a role in the tropical city’s continued success,” Mr Fitzgerald commented.
WorldVentures is an award-winning international lifestyle and travel membership company based in Texas, United States. Founded in 2005, WorldVentures sells memberships with perks to a diverse set of lifestyle products such as unique customized vacations known as DreamTrips, value-added dining experiences and deals at exquisite hotels at members’ only prices. With over half a million members globally and still counting, WorldVentures has presence in over 29 markets across North America, Europe, Africa and Asia. In Asia Pacific, offices are established in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia. For more information, visit www.worldventures.com.
DreamTrips is a travel club community where Members experience customised travel opportunities and valuable deals at selected restaurants, hotels, excursions and entertainment venues in destinations all over the world. The DreamTrips membership appeals to the unique mindset of the traveller who experiences the world through the DreamTrips community, with the idea that “the best way to experience the world is together.” www.dreamtrips.com.
Please find hi-res imagery via the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zwy5wk9bwzozcji/AAD-5vbcY_Zwcf27bzRROHKPa?dl=0