London, – Evan Evans, London’s largest sightseeing company, which specialises in city tours and out-of-town excursions, has launched its 2017/18 programme, including five exciting new trips. Featuring insightful, insider walking tours and visits to the most iconic and historic UK sights, the 2017/18 Evan Evans brochure has something for everyone.
The post-Brexit slump in the value of the pound has seen millions of holidaymakers change their plans in favour of a “Staycation”, and these timely new launches are perfect for Brits who are looking for new and engaging ways to explore the fantastic home-grown attractions and destinations that are available on their doorsteps.
NEW FOR 2017:
- Harry Potter Film Locations: Launching 20 years after the first publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, this new, specially-themed walking tour transports Muggles into the magical world of Harry Potter as they discover the London locations that played starring roles in the film series and inspired the books. Stand in the footsteps of the world’s most famous wizard at the entrance to the Ministry of Magic, stroll through the alleyways that inspired Diagon Alley and see the very spot where Death Eaters destroyed the Millennium Bridge. Visitors will then try their luck at getting onto the famous Platform 9¾ as the tour concludes. This two and a half hour morning tour is the perfect way for avid “Potterheads” to explore the capital.
The Harry Potter Film Locations Tour costs £15 for children and £25 for adults. Concessions are available. Expert guide and VOX audio technology included. The tour is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, until 31 March 2018, and starts in Central London at 09:00.
- Historic London Pubs: Visitors will be transported back to ‘ye olde London’ as Evan Evans guides them through the public houses that played host to some of the most infamous patrons of yesteryear. Stopping off at three of London’s oldest pubs, visitors will walk through historic Bankside and learn the stories and myths behind the ale houses of Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare, before supping on a flight of beer for a true taste of this great British tradition.
Prices start from £25 and include a walking tour with guide, a beer ‘flight’ of British beers and VOX audio technology. The tour is available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, until 31 March 2018.
- Evan Evans & SideStory: Every city has a story and every story has a SideStory. Through a unique new collaboration, Evan Evans has unveiled a range of private walking tours that shine a light on London’s hidden foodie, fashion, artistic and historical gems, courtesy of hand-selected, expert Insiders. Guests can celebrate the revival of the capital’s East End through the eyes of a renowned photo-journalist; explore London’s finest shops with a high end personal shopper, fashion stylist and former Cartier creative; get an insider’s take on Peckham’s burgeoning vegetarian food scene with a food writer and recipe developer; or delve into the secrets of The City with an acclaimed journalist and author.
Evan Evans’ SideStory experiences can be booked for private groups between 1-10 people. Prices start from £160 for 1-2 guests. Larger groups are charged for each additional guest thereafter (varies by package). Browse the full experience offering on Evan Evans’ website.
- London in Style: Travelling aboard a beautifully restored, vintage London Routemaster bus, visitors can admire the sights and sounds of the capital in style. Before the crowds descend, guests will visit Crown Jewels glistening in all their glory at the Tower of London before visiting the new ‘Armoury in Action’ exhibit and enjoying a private talk from the White Tower Warden. Also on the agenda is a stroll through bustling Borough Market and a guided tour of Westminster Abbey, before an exclusive Afternoon Tea in the Abbey’s impressive Cellarium Café finishes off this day of sightseeing.
Prices start from £103 for children and £113 for adults with entry costs, guide, VOX audio technology and afternoon tea included. Concessions are available. The tour is available Monday to Friday inclusive, until 31 October 2017.
- Chauffeured Tours: For the ultimate in luxury touring experiences, Evan Evans has introduced a tailor-made service that allows guests to explore London and England at their own pace, on a privately guided, chauffeured tour. Guests can choose to recreate one of Evan Evans’ pre-existing tour itineraries to iconic destinations across the country, such as the best-selling Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath tour, or the expert Concierge Team will create a bespoke sightseeing package, tailored to guests’ personal interests and requirements. The private Chauffeured Tours are enjoyed from the comfort of a luxury private car, with a fleet of Mercedes-Benz E, S & V Classes, or Jaguar XF, XJ, LWB & V Classes to choose from. Guests can add the services of a dedicated tour guide, if required, and each private vehicle offers extensive leg room and full leather interiors, bottled water and daily newspapers, and complimentary Wi-Fi and phone chargers.
Prices start from £300 for a half-day ‘Premium’ London trip. Prices vary dependent on trip length and destinations, and a dedicated Evan Evans Concierge will create bespoke experiences on request. A dedicated tour guide can be added from £214 (English-speaking) and £257 (other languages) for a half day tour.
For more information about Evan Evans please visit www.evanevanstours.com or call 020 7950 1777.
ABOUT EVAN EVANS:
Evan Evans is the longest established and largest sightseeing company in London and has been accompanying visitors on city tours and out-of-town excursions since 1930. Our exciting range of tours brings you the best Britain has to offer, from majestic palaces and castles and quaint country villages to the historic cities of Bath, Oxford and Canterbury.
All tours are operated to the highest quality standard on our new fleet of luxury, air-conditioned coaches and are escorted by professional local guides, whose wealth of knowledge and experience will ensure you have a day out to remember. www.evanevanstours.com.