The best of Australia’s south-east will be showcased with Great Southern’s new immersive Off Train Excursions when the train sets off from Adelaide for Brisbane for the first time this December.
Great Southern guests will choose from a range of options to customise their journey including:
- Wine tasting in the Hunter Valley
- Visiting the iconic 12 Apostles
- Lunch with a view from Melbourne’s Eureka Skydeck followed by a laneways tour
- Canberra’s cultural institutions including the National War Memorial and Parliament House
- Exploring the spectacular wilderness of the Grampians
- Beachside dining experiences
There will also be options to upgrade excursions including a scenic flight over the 12 Apostles.
Managing Director for Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions, Steve Kernaghan, said the excursions highlighted the towns, cities and landscapes the train passes through.
“Great Southern covers new territory and the array of excursions will allow guests to truly explore beyond the tracks and tailor their journey.”
Great Southern will operate 16 departures over December 2019 and January 2020 and provides a premium rail experience inclusive of all food and beverages and Off Train Excursions. It is the newest addition to the internationally-regarded suite of great Australian rail journeys, which includes The Ghan (Adelaide-Darwin) and Indian Pacific (Sydney-Perth).
Fares start from $1649 per person for Gold Single accommodation, $1829 per person for Gold Twin and $3899 per person for Platinum.
For more information, visit https://journeybeyondrail.com.au/journeys/great-southern/