Tips for making the right choice
Cusco, Peru – Hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is on the life list for many people This 45km/26 mile trail that leads to Machu Picchu one of the 7 Wonders of the World is one of the most popular hikes in the world. There are many decisions to make in planning such a trek. Blogger Nomadic Matt lists many of his criteria for making this important decision as:
1. Research the costs – With tour companies, it’s not always true that you get what you pay for. Be sure you ask if there are added fees to pay when arrive. Many companies require you to pay additional money when the tour starts or don’t include park or attraction entrance fees. That cheap tour won’t be so cheap if you have to pay for everything while you’re there!
2. Make sure you are the audience – Is the tour geared toward older couples? Young people? Families? You don’t want to end up on a loud tour full of drunk twenty-year-old’s when all you want is a quiet holiday. There’s a tour company for everyone — just make sure you don’t end up on one that isn’t yours. “I always look for tours that have my demographic in them! And because I do I always have a wonderful time and make lifelong friends!” says Andrew.
3. Get local guides – Guides can make or break your trip. Make sure the company uses knowledgeable, local guides. The guide should be a local or at least a long-term resident, know the local language, have travel experience, and know life-saving techniques.
4. Safety record – Make sure the company follows all the proper safety requirements and is accredited by the local government, the government where they are registered, and any other appropriate trade organizations.
6. Environmental impact –It’s about more responsible travel, not only toward the environment but also toward the locals in an area. This means using local guides, hotels, and services, and making sure to reduce waste and your footprint on the local habitat. Moreover, these companies tend to offer better and more interactive tours. Andrew says “I think it’s important to pick a company that provides great value and gives back to the place you are visiting. After all, did you go there to ruin it for others?”
Alpaca Expeditions is a 100% Peruvian Company offering traditional and alternate treks to Machu Picchu. There are many routes that lead to Machu Picchu – literally something for everyone! These include classic multi-day treks with camping all the way to one-day or overnight train trips from Cusco to Machu Picchu with no hiking at all. Alpaca Expeditions will help choose the best fit for each guest.
Alpaca Expeditions is the highest rated operator in Peru offering treks to Machu Picchu. Their services to guests include everything from applying for permits, guiding groups on all trails, providing for all needs along the way. Using superior equipment, gear and well-trained and experienced guides, Alpaca Expeditions guests are well taken care of and safe on the trail.
# # #
About Alpaca Expeditions
Alpaca Expeditions, 100 % Peruvian company, is a pioneer adventure operator diligently working to provide the best services in available. Although they offer daily departures, it’s important to check with a member of their sales team to plan a trek. Please email them at email@example.com,. They stand ready to help answer questions and help prepare for this amazing journey