Scott Dunn continues to be the global leader in luxury family travel, having sent 3,000 families on holiday in 2017 alone. To narrow down an ever-expanding array of incredible destinations and experiences, travel experts at Scott Dunn have rounded up the hottest news for families to take into consideration when planning their next getaway.
SCOTT DUNN VILLAS FOR FAMILIES AND MULTI-GENERATIONAL TRAVEL
Scott Dunn owns a portfolio of incredible chalets and villas in Europe that are ideal for multi-generational family getaways and special occasions. Stand alone villas in Mallorca and the South of France range from ultra-modern to rural retreats, each with a private pool, dedicated chef, personal host and nanny to take care of every need. This year sees a range of new luxury Scott Dunn villas including:
- Villa Cancabella, Villa Las Tortugas, Villa Sa Pleta, Villa La Paloma, Villa La Vinya, Villa Llenaire– Mallorca
- Villa Epure– South of France
For Singapore-based travellers, Scott Dunn has also added a number of villa options closer to home. From hip haunts like 41 Lighthouse Streetin Galle Fort, Sri Lanka to more tropical beachside retreats like Villa Adasain Seminyak, Bali, the selection of villas in Asia will offer something for all family occasions. Some Scott Dunn favourites include:
2018 also sees the launch of Scott Dunn’s “Flying Nannies”service for their new Ibiza villas, to offer parents some much needed downtime when on holiday. The nannies can be booked on request, arriving with age appropriate toys and a host of fun filled adventures lined up to take the children to. They will be trained to prepare nutritious meals for children at the villa and accompany families on days out where an extra pair of hands is required.
THE ULTIMATE KIDS CLUBS
- For this last ski season, a new Scott Dunn Explorers kids club was launched at Scott Dunn at Six Senses Residences Courchevel. The new club boasts the first ever ‘Stargazers’ evening childcare offering, giving parents the freedom to make the most of the resorts famed apres ski, or to indulge in a quiet evening dinner for two. The brand new self-catered luxury ski apartments offer the luxuries of a five-star hotel with the comforts of a cosy home. In addition to the evening ‘Stargazers’ club, guests can pre-book childcare in the Scott Dunn Explorers club for mornings, afternoons or full days.
- TheScott Dunn Explorers kids club at Daios Cove, Crete, looks after children from as young as 4 months and up to 11 years. It’s run by a highly experienced childcare team who organise fun filled days with a huge variety of activities and games to ensure children have an amazing holiday whatever their age. This year Daios Cove has launched an all-inclusive package for a totally carefree holiday.Scott Dunn offers seven nights all-inclusive at Daios Cove from S$15,500. This is based on a family of four sharing a 2-bedroom pool villa and includes two Explorers kids club places and return private airport transfers.
- There is also an Explorers kids club run by Scott Dunn at Niyama Private Islandin the Maldives. It offers activities for children from as young as 12 months right up to 12 years of age. Proclaiming itself nature’s playground, the island offers activities to keep children of all ages engaged throughout the day and is open all year, seven days a week from 10am – 6pm.
THE TOP FAMILY-FRIENDLY DESTINATIONS FOR 2018
- Langkawi:just an hour’s flight from Singapore, the tropical island paradise is a must this year with the hotly anticipated re-opening of The Dataiafter its SGD 79 million renovation.
- Sri Lanka:with a range of new villas available and a diverse range of experiences, from white water rafting and whale watching to spotting leopards in Yala National Park, Sri Lanka tops the list of fun-filled family-friendly destinations to visit from Singapore.
- Lapland:the ultimate Christmas gift for children living in the tropics is to introduce them to Santa Claus himself in the snow white Finnish Lapland. Full of treasured memories (the kind that fairytales are made of), a trip to Lapland can include encounters with elves, reindeer and huskies with the chance to catch a glimpse of the mystical Northern Lights.
- Jordan and Oman:for small nations, these countries pack a huge punch in terms of experiences for families with camping under the stars, camel rides and sand bording in the desert paired with endless watersports on the coastline.
- Dolomites, Italy:when the snow melts, the Italian mountainside becomes a playground for active families with children of ages seven and older who can make the most of activities like rock climbing, mountain biking and hiking. The family run Rosa Alpinalodge is an idyllic backdrop for a summer getaway with a range of restaurants and activities as well as an extensive selection of spa treaments for the grown ups.
HOT ITINERARIES FOR 2018
While picking a destination may be the easy part, deciding what to do with the family once there is where it gets tricky. To make life a little easier, these five carefully curated itineraries have everything needed to keep the whole family entertained:
- A family adventure to Oman
- Romans, sand dunes and Petra – A family adventure to Jordan
- New Zealand Family Adventure
- Family Holiday to Sri Lanka
- A family adventure through Swedish Lapland
ONES TO WATCH THIS YEAR
- La Donairahas just opened in Andalucia this year. A unique farmhouse concept set on a 250-hectare eco-farm and working ranch with more than seventy Lusitano horses, the hotel offers specialized equestrian programmes from tailormade dressage to exciting hacks on one of the many horse trails surrounding the farm. This exciting back to basics option is ideal for families looking for an immersive experience away from the crowds.
- Alexa Jwill be bringing its exclusive luxury yacht experience to the Mediterranean this summer, with new sailing routes around the Greek islands and Italy. Accommodating a family of four for the ultimate sailing holiday, the yacht trip is inclusive of gourmet meals, spa treatments, refreshments and all shore and island activities, as well as an expert crew of five who will ensure every need is taken care of. A week on Alexa J starts from S$100,000 for a week in July based on a family of four on a full board basis with a variety of activities throughout.
- For a unique way to discover the dramatic landscape of America’s Southwest, Under Canvas‘ new luxury campsites have opened in Zion and Moab this year, with another site to open in the Grand Canyon in 2019. The campsite’s offer the opportunity to embrace ones inner adventurer with days spent rafting, horseback riding and hiking, followed by nights in luxurious safari-style tents. Scott Dunn offers a seven night American Dream itinerary from S$7,930 per person. This is based on a family of four travelling together and includes three nights glamping in Zion National Park, three nights glamping in Moab, return international flights and car hire.
For more information on Scott Dunn’s family holidays please visit www.scottdunn.com,or speak to a Scott Dunn travel expert on: +65 3158 6530.
ABOUT SCOTT DUNN
Scott Dunn is an award-winning travel operator that has been crafting exceptional private journeys to destinations around the world for over 30 years. The company’s eye for the little things makes all the difference and has helped the brand build a reputation for not simply adhering to the highest standards in travel and hospitality, but setting them.
Over the years, Scott Dunn has won numerous awards validating their position as the leading luxury travel company. The most recent awards include; Favourite Specialist Tour Operator by Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Awards 2017, Best Ski Company and Telegraph Travel Awards 2015/16, Best Tour Operator by BRIDES Honeymoon Awards 2015 and Best Family Tour Operator by Junior Design Awards 2016.