New Spa Experience Unveiled at Wilderness Safaris Mombo Camp, Botswana
Mombo offers an idyllic wilderness retreat for guests to relax, unwind and reconnect
Following the successful opening of the rebuilt Mombo and Little Mombo camps in January 2018, Mombo has not only unveiled its new spa, gym and 12.5-metre lap pool, but also welcomed a full-time yoga instructor to the camp, offering an unrivalled health and wellness experience in the heart of this pristine wilderness sanctuary in the Okavango Delta.
“Whilst visiting Mombo is therapy in itself, thanks to its tranquil wilderness location, we are pleased to unveil our new gym and spa, offering our guests a holistic health and wellness experience and even more ways for them to relax, unwind and to reconnect with themselves, their partners and with the environment,” said Mombo GMs, Matt McCreedy and Robyn Dreyer.
The new spa room is a relaxing retreat for guests wishing to enjoy a range of signature treatments, including Mombo’s Soul of Africa massage, which uses marula oil mixed with Floral Blend (a product comprising Cape snowbush, geranium and jasmine) to soften signs of aging through its anti-stress action. Other treatments include body and scalp massages, facials and body treatments, as well as manicures and pedicures.
“Obviously all of these treatments can still be enjoyed in the luxury and privacy of guests’ tented suites; guests can now choose what option suits them best and tailor make their experience to suit their specific needs,” Matt and Robyn added. “We are also thrilled to have rebuilt our fitness room, which features new equipment including a sitting bike, two treadmills, rowing machine, Pilates balls, kettle bells, etc. There is also a fridge in the gym with isotonic drinks like coconut water, and a convenient shower room should guests prefer to freshen up there before game drives.”
An exciting addition for yoga fans is the permanent employment of yoga instructor, Reneé Klopper. Yoga sessions are offered at both Mombo and Little Mombo and although the classes are mostly conducted at the gym/spa area, they can also be held in a variety of bush locations. There are no extra costs involved; this is simply an addition to the incredible wellness offering at the camp.
“Our spa and gym area overlooks a beautiful part of the concession, making it the perfect place to either destress or to work off some of our delicious food offerings, whilst taking in the sights and sounds of this idyllic bush setting”, said Matt and Robyn. “We were also vigilant in choosing environmentally-sound spa products that will protect this pristine ecosystem, selecting Africology as our preferred range.” All Africology products are eco-friendly, 100% biodegradable and comprise only natural ingredients.
This highlights Mombo’s commitment to operating with as light an eco-footprint as possible. Considered one of the best wildlife areas in Africa and renowned as the “Place of Plenty”, Mombo’s commitment to Wilderness Safaris’ 4Cs sustainability ethos (Commerce, Community, Culture and Conservation) ensures the protection of this pristine wilderness concession and its enormous number and variety of fauna and flora. Each and every guest plays a vital role in ensuring the conservation success of Mombo. It is a place of harmony: a balance between the camps, the environment and the people who stay here.
Notes to Editor
About Wilderness Safaris: www.wilderness-safaris.com
- Wilderness Safaris is Africa’s leading authentic and sustainable ecotourism operator, specialising in memorable wildlife experiences in some of the most remote and pristine areas in Africa. In this way it offers its guests private access to almost three million hectares of Africa’s finest wildlife reserves, while remaining fiercely committed to protecting our planet’s precious natural and cultural resources.
- Wilderness Safaris operates camps and safaris in some of Africa’s best wildlife and wilderness reserves across eight countries: Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Wilderness Safaris is deeply committed to its 4Cs sustainability ethos of Commerce, Community, Culture and Conservation. It firmly believes that its single most important achievement to date is to have built a sustainable business model that does not compromise environmental principles and which provides jobs, training, skills, careers, adjusted horizons, hope and a realistic alternative to less sustainable development.
- Recognising that conservation is as much about people as about the environment, the company has pursued important goals through its Children in the Wilderness programme, as well as through the Wilderness Wildlife Trust, which have helped change the face of nature-based tourism in Africa.
- Wilderness Safaris is part of Wilderness Holdings, a group of responsible ecotourism companies that together endeavour to use responsible tourism to build sustainable conservation economies in Africa.
Account Manager, Grifco PR
Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.