Powder Byrne’s luxury summer programme will be extended in Crete this summer, with newly refurbished accommodation being offered at Porto Elounda and Elounda Peninsula Hotels.
Newly refurbished accommodation at Elounda Resort, Crete
We are delighted to be operating our full service for the first time from mid-June right through to the beginning of September; our pb crèche for the exclusive use of PB clients to run right through the season, and our active kids’ programmes during the summer holidays. The two family focused hotels at this resort – Porto Elounda Golf Resort & Spa and the Elounda Peninsula All Suite Hotel – are recommended, both offering a distinct style with facilities to suit individual requirements.
- Porto Elounda Golf Resort & Spa
This luxury hotel is the creation of architect and hotel owner Spyros Kokotos. The hotel is built right on the seafront, with 150m of private sandy beach (European Blue Flag beach). Comprising rooms in the main building, private villas and bungalows, all the accommodation looks out over Mirabello Bay. Their newly renovated Porto Sea View Rooms and Suites offer accommodation in a contemporary and fresh Greek style, some with private pools and gardens.
- Award-winning Elounda Peninsula All Suite Hotel
For the ultimate in luxury, this all suite hotel has earned itself many awards, including ‘Mediterranean’s Leading Hotel 2016’ at the World Travel Awards. And no wonder, following the massive refurbishment of its seafront suites and private villas. Their Diamond Residences also won ‘Greece’s Leading Hotel Residences 2016’. The accommodation is equipped to the highest level, offering a choice of private indoor and outdoor pools, private gardens and beaches and separate entrances for complete privacy. These private villas are often the holiday choice for celebrities due to their complete privacy, with private drives and entrances.
Powder Byrne at Elounda
Powder Byrne’s resort team will be operating from Elounda from mid June right through the summer, offering for the exclusive use of their clients a seamless service from the moment they book their holiday to when they return home. This includes making restaurant, spa and sports bookings and providing local knowledge on the area.
- Powder Byrne kids programmes and sporting activities at Elounda Resort
Powder Byrne runs its kids programmes for the exclusive use of its clients at Elounda Resort. From pb crèche (4 mths – 3 years) which is complimentary outside of school holidays, Scallywags (4 – 8 years) and TheZone (9 – 12 years) all offering inspirational programmes of active sports, games and creative play, to their PB Adventure Academy (12 years +) and PB SCUBA Academy (10 years +), all of which make use of the stunning facilities that the resort has to offer:
- Pb crèche operates from the hotel’s stunning kids club – The Ark – for young children with facilities second to none, with indoor and outdoor playgrounds, vegetable garden, sandpit, swimming pools, waterslides, tennis courts and astro football pitch.
- Watersports, including water skiing, wakeboarding, SCUBA, and all number of doughnuts and inflatables to be pulled behind a speed boat all available!
- Guided mountain bike rides are organised by our team as part of TheZone and PB Adventure Academy programmes.
- An introduction to SCUBA is offered in the PB Adventure Academy, but for those who wish to gain their PADI qualification, a full week’s PB SCUBA Academy is on offer with our own dedicated instructors running the programme.
- Excursions to local attractions such as Spinalonga Island, and other historical sites, form part of TheZone and PB Adventure Academy including lunches out.
- Adult activities with Powder Byrne at Elounda
The Powder Byrne resort team is on hand to arrange as many activities for adults as they wish to do; guided mountain bike trips, all watersports, tennis, golf can be booked. They will make all the necessary reservations and arrange transport as required.
A private crewed yacht is available to charter for day trips and picnics anchored in quiet coves, for snorkelling and swimming off the boat.
Six Senses Spa: The hotel’s award-winning spa has 21 treatment areas including an authentic Turkish hammam, Tepidarium, and private Thalassotherapy suites; there is something to suit everyone here as a place to properly unwind and relax. Our resort team will make all bookings for their clients, not to be missed when staying at Elounda.
Gastronomy at Elounda
When staying at either Porto Elounda or Elounda Peninsula we recommend our clients choose the dine around option available:
- At Porto Elounda you will find Aglio e Olio and Nafsika offering a choice of Italian and other Mediterranean dishes, both overlooking the sea.
- Elounda is home to two multiple ‘Toque d’Or’ award winning restaurants, and both on the list of finest restaurants to be found in Greece – Calypso, offering French gourmet cuisine at Elounda Peninsula, and the Old Mill at Elounda Mare serving traditional Cretan specialities in its stunning garden.
- Koh at Elounda Peninsula is located right on the end of the peninsula rocks above the sea and offers Pan-Asian cuisine. The Yacht Club and The Deck are to be found at Elounda Mare with weekly seafood buffets serving fish caught that day, and are great for al fresco dining. Odysseas is located right on the shore, and is the place to meet up for a family lunch, a stone’s throw from the sea.
- In addition to Elounda Resort’s own restaurants, there are some amazing tavernas and restaurants in the nearby villages of Agios Nikolaos, the port of Elounda and Plaka, serving local delicacies using ingredients sourced mainly from Crete.
Elounda and the environment
The resort takes its unique location in the Mediterranean very seriously, and in designing and refurbishing the hotel, they have taken great care to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Use of fresh water is one of the main concerns on Crete, and Elounda have built their own desalination plant and recycle all their waste water. This is just one of a number of initiatives they have in place to protect the stunning environment in which they operate.
Stay at Elounda with your family this summer. Price from £1,454 per person sharing two newly refurbished interconnecting Porto Sea View Rooms for 7 nights in July on BB basis. Price includes a complimentary buffet supper (dine around option quoted for as extra), private transfers and full Powder Byrne resort service. Flights can be quoted for separately.