ith consumer demand for gas recently hitting an all-time high, pricesat the pump creeping up, and people across the country preparing to drive to vacation destinations, the personal-finance website WalletHub has released three key reports to help people maximize both savings and fun.
2018’s Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips
Best Road Trip States
2. North Carolina
8. New York
Worst Road Trip States
46. New Mexico
50. Rhode Island
Key Stats – Best vs. Worst:
- California has the highest number of scenic byways, 66, which is 22 times higher than in Delaware, the state with the lowest at three.
- Wyoming has the lowest daily price for camping, $32, which is 2.1 times lower than in Connecticut, the state with the highest at $68.
- Arizona has the lowest price for a three-star hotel room, $64, which is 3.4 times lower than in Hawaii, the state with the highest at $218.
- Vermont has the lowest number of car thefts per 1,000 residents, 0.45, which is 12.5 times lower than in New Mexico, the state with the highest at 5.64.
See more online at https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648/.
2018 Gas & Travel Survey
- 49 percent of drivers choose where to get gas based on price, followed by convenience (38 percent), with brand (10 percent) coming in well behind.
- 25 percent of people have driven in at least 25 states. California (11 percent) and Texas (10 percent) are the most popular picks for best state to drive in.
- Nearly 1 in 3 people think an individual should have to take a test to get a credit card, just like a driver’s license.
62 percent of people want rewards on gas more than any other type of travel purchase.
See more online at https://wallethub.com/best-gas-credit-cards/#survey.
2018’s Best Gas Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Card for Cash Back at Any Station: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 3% cash back on gas; up to 6% back at supermarkets; $200 initial bonus; $95 annual fee.
- Best Card for Points at Any Station: PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card – 5 points per $1 on gas; 3 points per $1 at supermarkets; $100 initial bonus; no annual fee.
- Best Card for Gas & Travel: Citi ThankYou® Premier Card – 3 points per $1 on travel (including gas); 2 points per $1 on dining out and entertainment; 50,000-point initial bonus; $95 annual fee (waived the first year).
See more online at https://wallethub.com/best-gas-credit-cards/.Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.