Perfectly timed North America springtime experiences
Departures still available April to June 2018
Small group adventure specialist, Grand American Adventures, offers a number of In-Depth tours, a mesmerising mix of adventures that unearth North America’s natural wonders in springtime. North America in the spring offers many exceptional moments, as the diverse continent bursts to life with a new energy and vibrancy.
Here are the spectacular experiences not to be missed this spring:
Watch Yosemite’s Magnificent Waterfalls Melt
Two departures this spring: 26 May – 1 June and 16 June – 22 June
6 days from £2,539 per person (exc flights) including six nights’ accommodation (five lodge nights and one hotel night) activities as detailed, six breakfasts and two dinners.
20,000 Gray Whales Migrate from Olympic National Park
Starting in March, the Washington Coast becomes the passageway for 20,000 Gray whales migrating back to the cooler waters of Alaska. Swimming just half a mile off the rugged beaches of the Pacific Coast, the whale migration is a true once-in-a lifetime experience. On Olympic and Vancouver Island In-Depth, visitors will see whales as well as other creatures such as sea lions and otters, before an afternoon kayaking excursion.
One departure this spring: 16 June – 22 June
7 days from £2,649 per person (exc flights) including six nights’ accommodation (two luxury yurt nights, two lake cabin nights and two hotel nights), activiies as detailed, six breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners.
A Wildlife Viewing Bike Tour of Grand Teton National Park
Wildlife viewing in Grand Teton National Park is at its peak during springtime, as the animals being to emerge from hibernation. The park opens on 1 May, when even some of the lakes can still be frozen. On Yellowstone and Teton In-Depth, guests will enjoy a half day scenic bike tour which not only takes in the breathtaking eastern slopes of the mountain range but also past wildlife such as bison, elks, rams, moose, bighorn sheep and wolves.
One departure 30 June – 5 July 2018
6 days from £2,829 per person (exc flights), five nights’ accommodation (two nights luxurious glamping, two nights in a guest ranch and one night in a hotel) five dinners and two breakfasts are included.
Hiking Arches National Park in Cooler Climes
The ideal time to visit the red-rock wonderland of Arches National Park is in the spring. Travellers who join Canyon Country In-Depth will be able to hike through the 2,000 natural stone formations in the slightly cooler temperatures of between 26 – 32 degrees Celsius, compared to 38 degrees Celsius in the summer months.
Three departures this spring: 28 April – 3 May, 26 May – 31 May and 16 June – 21 June.
7 days from £2,539 per person (exc flights), five nights’ accommodation (three lodge nights, one resort night and one night in hotel), activities as detailed, five breakfasts and two dinners.
To book or for terms and conditions visit https://www.grandamericanadventures.com
or call 0333 003 8245. Follow Grand American Adventures @GrandAmericanAd
-Prices quoted are for tour only. Flight packages available on request.
– Maximum group sizes of 13
– Hotel accommodation, private ground transportation and services of an experienced tour leader all included.
– No single supplement fees, solo sleeper available at an extra cost.
About Grand American Adventures:
- A small group tour operator offering in-depth experiences within many of North, South and Central America’s most spectacular wilderness areas, National Parks and exciting cities
- Aimed at individuals, couples, friends, family and multigenerational travellers
- Tours are separated by destination, family travel or mini-adventures (city break add-on 3 to 4 day experiences)
- Tours may also be tailor made for small groups wishing to travel together and requiring specific experiences
- Sister company to TrekAmerica with over 40 years of specialist group travel experience
- Grand American Adventures is fully ABTA and ATOL bonded with nearly 60 different tour choices ranging from 3 to 23 days
- All tours are led by specialist guides and in custom-designed Grand American Adventures luxury touring vans