Tobago – The sister island of Trinidad) is one of the Caribbean’s hidden gems that’s so much more than a “been there, done that” destination and now one of CNN’s Most Overlooked Islands in the World. It’s for your readers looking to stay ahead of the travel curve and get to a place abundant in adventures, not annoying tourists. Activities like:
· Rainforest hikes (Tobago has the oldest protected rainforest in the Western Hemisphere- designated April 17, 1776)
· Scuba diving on world’s largest recorded brain coral
· Nylon Pool: See the marine life up-close and personal like barracudas, dolphins, whale sharks, turtles, parrotfish, manta rays and more
· Goat-Racing: Jockey’s run alongside each animal guiding them with a rope and whip
· Majestic Waterfalls and Lookouts
· Cliffside drive to Charlotteville/Speyside
· Nature Parks and Bird Sanctuaries
· Catamaran and Sailing adventures
WHY TOBAGO? Rich with history and adventure, the island is said to be the inspiration for Daniel Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe and Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. Unique to the island is goat racing, turtle spawning season, renowned scuba diving, the Rain Forest Reserve, The Cocoa Plantations, celebration of Carnival, the origin of Calypso music and steel drumming and more. The festive dark rum drinks and the traditional Creole cuisine blended with other cultural influences make dining an experience unto itself.
We are working with two resorts on the island, Le Grand Courlan and Grafton Beach Resort, and could get any questions answered you may have to help make your article robust. Let me know your interest.