acations By Rail® now offers its new Winter 2018/2019 brochure featuring popular rail itineraries in Canada, the U.S. Latin America and Europe. The new brochure also introduces eight new rail vacations. This coming season, explore majestic winter landscapes blanketed by snow, frozen mountain peaks and the vast Arctic tundra from the warm and luxurious confines of your cabin. People who love rail experiences will welcome the new Vacations By Rail® tours including:
· Grand Train Tour of Switzerland in Winter – a 12-day tour featuring scenic rail experiences on GoldenPass Panoramic, Glacier Express andBernina Express starting at $2,659 per person. The tour visits Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz and Zurich.
· Magical Moments of Switzerland – Uncover the magic of Switzerland this winter on this new eight-day rail vacation. As popular in winter as in the summer, the two lakeside resorts of Interlaken and Lucerne offer fantastic winter scenery and exhilarating excursions. Travel to the Schilthorn for impressive views of the snow-capped peaks of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Enjoy a sledge run along mountain trails and a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride on Mount Rigi.
· Deluxe Switzerland in Winter – Experience the best of Switzerland this winter on a new nine-day vacation to Zürich, Sils Maria, Zermatt, Interlaken and Bern. Highlights include a full-day journey on the Glacier Express through snowy Swiss landscapes between St. Moritz and Zermatt; an excursion on the Gornergrat Railway for breathtaking panoramas across 29 mountain peaks; cruise across icy Lake Thun to Interlaken and the Jungfrau Railway to the “Top of Europe,” the Jungfraujoch.
· The Aurora – Nothing matches the shimmering aurora borealis in Alaska’s night sky. This four-day tour provides prime locations to watch the Northern Lights and visits to two Alaskan cities – charming Anchorage and Fairbanks. Also enjoy traveling aboard Alaska Railroad’s Aurora Winter Train through Alaska’s Interior to Fairbanks as well as a flightseeing excursion over Alaska’s Arctic.
· Arctic Circle Adventure – Experience a part of Alaska that most never see on this exciting six-day tour above the Arctic Circle. Start in Anchorage, then board the Alaska Railroad’s Aurora Winter Train for the journey through the heart of the Last Frontier to Fairbanks, your launch point for Arctic adventure. Journey north through the arctic tundra to Coldfoot Camp then cross the Yukon River and Brooks Mountain Range, known for phenomenal northern lights viewing. Return to Fairbanks via small plane for aerial views of the most remote landscapes in the nation.
· Luxury Rockies to Toronto featuring VIA Rail’s Prestige Class – Uncover Canada’s luxurious side on this new eight-day vacation featuring deluxe hotel stays in Fairmont properties; private tours of Banff and Niagara Falls, and Prestige Class accommodations onboard VIA Rail’s Canadian between Jasper and Toronto. Travel in elegance and comfort in VIA Rail’s finest class of service.
About Vacations By Rail®
Vacations By Rail ® is the trusted authority on rail vacations. The company offers the largest selection of independent rail vacations, escorted rail tours, luxury rail journeys and custom train vacations to destinations in North America, Europe and beyond, as well as a wide selection of European Rail Passes and European City to City train tickets. Its deep knowledge of the spectrum of rail vacations helps travelers and their travel agents select the right rail journey for each vacation. For additional information on Vacations By Rail®and its many rail tours, visit www.vacationsbyrail.com or call 1-877-929-7245.
Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.