Women supporting women: Wild Terrains celebrates its women partners in Mexico City, Mexico
WILD TERRAINS ANNOUNCES 2020 SCHEDULE FOR PORTUGAL & MEXICO CITY
First Travel Company Leading Women-Only Group Trips that Support Female-Owned Businesses
Accounting for nearly two-thirds of travelers today, women continue to dominate the travel industry globally. Women who travel often seek some purpose from their travels. While some travel to develop compassion and humility as they discover new cultures around the world, others say that travel has made them stronger and more independent. Catering to this growing segment of women travelers, Washington, DC-basedWild Terrains connects creative women with their small group trips that support female-owned and operated businesses in their destinations. The boutique travel company recently announced 2020 trip dates for their women-only group experiences in Portugal and Mexico City.
Launched in July 2018, Wild Terrains is the brainchild of Lauren Bates, former Chief Marketing Officer at UrbanStems. The travel company’s mission is to connect creative women from around the world in dynamic destinations, while collaborating with local women entrepreneurs, artists, designers, and chefs. Wild Terrains is the only travel company leading women-only group trips that partner exclusively with local, female-owned businesses. Wild Terrains first launched trips to Mexico City in January 2019. To date, its Mexico City trips have been a huge success and are sold out for the remainder of 2019. The company recently expanded their women-only group trips to Portugal, with trip dates starting in September 2019.
Wild Terrains’ recently launched second destination, Portugal, offers two group trips scheduled for fall 2019: September 4th – 11thand September 28th – October 5th. Wild Terrains will be offering its Portugal Experience in 2020 as follows:
March 21-28, 2020 (Spring Break Trip)
May 3-10, 2020 (Mother/Daughter Mother’s Day Trip)
May 23-30, 2020 (Memorial Day Weekend Trip)
October 3-10, 2020 (Harvest Season Trip)
This eight day/seven-night journey takes women travelers to Lisbon, Alentejo, and Porto, where the dynamic history, delicious food and breathtaking landscapes are just the beginning. Wild Terrains’ Portugal Experience is packed with creative activities that support local, female-run businesses, including:
- Staying at stylish women-owned hotels like The Lisboans in Lisbon and Duas Portas Townhouse in Porto
- A Lisbon street art tour designed by Vanessa Teodoro, a South African street artist based in Lisbon
- A tasting menu dinner at women-owned Prado, consistently ranked as one of the top restaurants is Lisbon, with wine pairings by Portugal’s top female winemakers
- Foraging expedition led by Portuguese mixologist Constança Cordeiro, followed by a private mixology lesson using the ingredients gathered
- Biking through the rolling countryside of Alentejo and relaxing at the famous São Lourenço do Barrocal
- Visiting a local market and cooking and learning about Portuguese food history with Ana Viçoso, owner of The Lisbon Cooking Academy
- An art and design tour crafted by two Portuguese architects, founders of the women-led tour group Talkie Walkie
- A food crawl in Porto with Lucia Miklesova, historian and owner of gourmet food company The Portuguese Affair
- A day trip to Douro Valley to meet some female winemakers in the region
Rates start at $2,950USD per person (double occupancy) and $3,650USD per person (private room). Airfare to and from Lisbon Portela International Airport, transportation to and from airport, visa fees and travel insurance are not included.
Wild Terrains’ flagship destination, Mexico City, is consistently ranked as one of the most visited cities in the world. Wild Terrains’ Mexico City Experience is a five-day, four-night adventure that takes travelers through the bustling metropolis known for its diverse cuisine, vibrant culture, rich history, incredible design and more. Trip dates in 2020 are as follows:
January 15-19, 2020 (Martin Luther King Weekend Trip)
March 6-10, 2020 (International Women’s Day Trip)
July 1-5, 2020 (July 4th Weekend Trip)
October 28-November 1, 2020 (Celebrating Dia de los Muertos Trip)
All trips support local, female-run businesses and are fueled with creative activities including:
- Staying at gorgeous, female-owned hotels such as the beautiful, design-forward Ignacia Guest House, NIMA Local House and Casa Goliana in the heart of the bustling Colonia Roma neighborhood
- Learning about gemstones and jewelry making with Mariana Villarreal of Sangre de mi Sangre in her private studio
- Enjoying a private, textile-shopping experience led by the women behind textile companyColorindio
- Eating your way through the street food scene on a customized food crawl with Rocio Vazquez Landeta of Eat Like A Local Mexico City, visiting all her favorite female-run food stalls and restaurants
- Exploring Frida Kahlo’s Casa Azul on a private tour led by female art historian Natalia Zerbato
- Learning how to make ceviche with chef Mercedes Bernal of Meroma
- Tasting YOLA mezcal produced and bottled by women in Oaxaca
Wild Terrains 2020 trips will include a fashion workshop designed by Carla Fernandez, one of Mexico’s most famous fashion designers.
Rates start at $1,950USD per person (double occupancy) and $2,650USD per person (private room). Airfare to and from Mexico City International Airport, transportation to and from airport, visa fees and travel insurance are not included.
There is a maximum of ten travelers per trip. Pricing for both Portugal and Mexico City trips includes accommodations, most meals, transportation to and from activities, gratuities for drivers and guides and all activities. For more information, visit www.wildterrains.com or email@example.com.
About Wild Terrains
Launched in July 2018, Wild Terrains is a boutique travel company specializing in small, curated group trips for women. Focusing on vibrant and culture-rich destinations for the creative minded, Wild Terrains is the only travel company leading women-only group trips that support female-owned and operated businesses in Mexico City and Portugal. Wild Terrains donates a portion of profits from the trips to a local organization supporting female entrepreneurs. All trip itineraries include accommodations at female-owned hotels, meals prepared by up-and-coming female chefs, and experiences that connect travelers with local women entrepreneurs, artists and designers. For more information, visit www.wildterrains.comor email firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #