I am writing from Aramark Leisure with some story ideas for visiting the national parks this winter. From snow-filled expeditions to tranquil retreats, winter adventures, to romantic rendezvous, respite abounds at Aramark-Managed National Parks and Lodges.
Some of the season’s offerings include:
Olympic National Parks Offer Sublime Serenity & Scenery
· A winter visit to the “most Northwestern Point of the contiguous U.S,” the Olympic Peninsula, is where timeless landscapes shimmer with a mystical, otherworldly beauty that transcend the ordinary. The holidays begin with a traditional “Lighting of the Lake” at the charming Lake Crescent Lodge, which celebrates the finale of its 102nd year with a grand gala. For romance and seclusion this winter, couples cozy up at the luxurious Roosevelt Fireplace Cabins, as snowflakes gently fall across the pristine landscape.
Restful, Rustic, Romance at Asilomar Conference Grounds
· For winter romance, sans snow, couples can cuddle in front of a roaring fireplace and watch the crashing waves on the scenic California coastline at Asilomar, a historic beachfront retreat on the Monterey Peninsula. With mild temperatures, couples can stroll across the sand and are often rewarded with some of the best finds of the year. Outdoor winter adventures include “Asilomar Ramble” ranger-lead tours, and this is the heart of the one of the top 5 birding destinations in North America.
Zephyr Cove Resort — A Romantic Destination like “Snow Other”
· Spectacular winter storms can be enjoyed at Lake Tahoe’s Zephyr Cove — a cozy cabin retreat that customizes adventures defined only by guests’ own limits such as the Pints & Paddles happy hour cruise aboard the famed MS Dixie II with live music and full bar, and snowmobile tours designed to be as scenic or as heart-pounding as each guest desires. For long-term RV travelers, monthly rates are discounted greatly due to the rising popularity of the campground during the winter season.
Winter Waves, Tranquil Waters at Lake Powell Resort & Marina
· With the bustle of summer vacationers long gone, a winter getaway at Lake Powell Resort takes on a tranquil and serene setting for quiet couples’ respite or back-to-nature anglers’ getaway — with minimal boat traffic allowing for prime fishing. With holiday festivities include a chill-ing polar plunge and a lighted boat parade, Lake Powell serves as a one-of-a-kind seasonal vacation setting.
A Winter Adrenaline Rush at Togwotee Mountain Lodge
· 600 miles of groomed trails and the finest powder set the stage for snow adventures at Togwotee Mountain Lodge. Snowmobile tours along the Continental Divide and Dog Sled tours through the back country of Grand Teton National Park are designed to “peak” guests’ thrill thresholds for a winter time “man-cation” or girls getaway.
Aramark operates concessions in or adjacent to:
Denali National Park, Alaska/Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska
Yosemite National Park-California/Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
Olympic Peninsula Lake Quinault/Sol Duc Hot Springs/Lake Crescent –Washington
Asilomar National Park-Monterrey Peninsula
Togwotee Mountain Lodge/Wilderness Adventures-Jackson Wyoming
Zephyr Cove Resort/Lake Tahoe Cruises-Nevada
Wilderness River Adventures Grand Canyon-Arizona
Lake Powell, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Arizona/Utah