Your holiday is booked, cases are packed, passports at the ready and you are all set to jump in the car and head to the airport. But you’ve forgotten something… to pre-book your airport car parking!
Airport parking can be a nasty hidden cost that we often forget when planning our getaway, but where in the world pays the most?
My Voucher Codes have looked at the cost of a one week stay at the official car parks of the world’s 100 busiest airports (without prior booking) and have revealed: The Global Airport Parking Index – https://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/global-airport-parking-index
- Overall, the average cost for a week’s parking around the world came out at £72.80
- However, the likes of Heathrow and Abu Dhabi are charging twice this price with Heathrow coming out the most expensive at £187.50 for a week and Abu Dhabi International not far behind charging £176.40
- London Stansted (£164.50), Zürich (£162.64) and London Gatwick (£145) followed respectively
- The cheapest airport to park your car is Bangkok, Thailand costing 8 times less than Heathrow at just £22.54. However, if your flying from the UK, perhaps leaving your car in Thailand won’t work…
- 3 of the top 10 cheapest airports for parking are in China, one in the USA and one in Germany
Prices can be viewed in Sterling, Dollars or Euros. To see the full list, click here.