Define Fine takes you on a summery European luxury adventure through Amsterdam, Stockholm, Moscow and Rome
The DEFINE FINE design travel guides are an independent selection of personal finds by designer Veronika Blomgren and her travel photographer husband Nikola Kostic.
We’ve selected four unique and contrasting cities to take in on the continent this summer holiday with some snapshot ideas of the best things to do on a sunny day.
Amsterdam is the perfect set for a fairytale. Get on a bike, ride alongside the canals and over bridges on an early summer evening, and inhale the fresh breeze, or take a tram around the city visiting the many museums, art galleries and don’t miss the flower market for the world’s best tulips. Café de Jaren has one of the best terraces in Amsterdam, perfect for a light lunch or sunset drinks after a day of cycling around the city. When it’s time for lights out, a stay at The Dylan promises great service, beautifully designed rooms and a wonderful courtyard.
Getting there: A short flight from London or take the Eurostar via Lille
Stockholm city is home to Volvo, ABBA and one of the sweetest Royal families in the world – the capital of Sweden is one of the brightest gems of Europe. Sample some Swedish specialities at Bistro Sud before hitting the world famous Moderna Museeta; a “must-see” for every visitor. For some summer pampering, head to Yasuragi, a Japanese infused spa heaven, located in the Swedish woods with breathtaking views over the lake. Rest your head at Ett Hem hotel, where dinner in the courtyard is a must!
Getting there: Fly direct from Amsterdam to Stockholm
Among world famous sights such as the Kremlin and Red Square, Moscow features unexpected variety at a fast pace with a modern café culture, art spaces, parties and farmers markets – you name it, Russia’s capital has it all. Take the metro (some of the best architects, sculptors and mosaic artists worked on the station designs) to the Museum of Moscow and delve into Moscow’s history. Back out in the modern day city, take advantage of summer with a game at Ping Pong Club Moscow or an open-air movie at Pioneer Summer Cinema in legendary Gorky Park. Nearby Olive Beach is perfect for great food, music and a summer feel on the banks of picturesque Moska river.
Getting there: Fly direct from Stockholm, or take a luxury ferry via St Petersburg to Moscow
When in Rome you easily forget that the rest of the world exists, as the history, culture and human stories of Rome amaze and start to seduce you with Roman beauty. Treat yourself to a stay at the Palazzo Manfredi, which has a spectacular view of the Coliseum – enjoy a romantic meal or drink on the rooftop. Head to Lorcan O’Neill off a tiny side street through a beautiful arch that leads to a private courtyard and a perfectly modern art space where they work established artists as well as promoting young and upcoming talent. Last but not least, time to refuel at Monti Bio which serves some of the best homemade food in Rome. They do a mean lasagne!
Getting there: Fly direct from Moscow to Rome on your final leg of this epic summer journey.
Notes to Editors: For further press information, images, or interviews please contact Sarah Taylor at: E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0207 183 1075
- The series takes in the cities of: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Rome, Stockholm, Moscow and St. Petersburg and then onto Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Buenos Aires, Sydney and Melbourne. Each Define Fine design travel books take the reader on a special and unique journey with its authors – through a personal and independent selection of handpicked places, products with local people’s insider tips across each city. With aim of not only redefining luxury travel, but redefining luxury as a concept and experience for each traveller to immerse themselves and learn.
- Available to buy online at www.definefine.com and at Waterstones, Foyles, Harrods, Maison Assouline, Stanfords and Selfridges
The guides have humorous side to them moving from various anecdotes, and verses to business insights and local life, with beautifully photography.
- Husband and wife team – Veronika and Nikola have been travelling around the world for the last two years. The couple believe that their professions coupled with their eye for all things beautiful manifests them to be able to define, what is truly fine in each city they visit.
- DEFINE FINE is a collection of the best of privately owned businesses and your ultimate travel companion.
- DEFINE FINE is our personal selection of places, products and people, chosen for their aesthetic value, healthy attitude to business, and exceptional quality of product or service, in all price ranges and all business categories.
- Approach to the guides: We ask the locals. We follow their footsteps. We listen to our hearts. We trust our judgement. We never set up a meeting or a photo-shoot. Our opinions are not influenced by anyone. Our photographs are never pre-arranged. We come incognito. We pay our bills. We love what we do. And we love to share it with our readers.
- Define Fine will launch the next series of city guides in 2017 – Barcelona, Lisbon, St.Petersburg and London