Captivating New Four-Night Extension Now Offered in Rwanda
AmaWaterways released the company’s 2019-20 Africa Safaris & Wildlife Cruise Brochure, which features several returning favorite itineraries and a new four-night post-cruise extension in Rwanda.
“My husband and I fell in love with Africa several years ago, and as such, we wanted to create a truly unique journey for our guests to experience this incredible destination, as well. By combining a classic safari experience with a scenic wildlife cruise, we are able to offer guests the best of both worlds,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-owner of AmaWaterways.
AmaWaterways’ 2019-20 itineraries will include:
- Discover Africa – Three nights in Cape Town, followed by a four-night wildlife cruise and two nights in Victoria Falls, with an option to extend for two nights in Johannesburg
- Wildlife & the Falls – One night in Johannesburg, a four-night wildlife cruise, two nights in Victoria Falls, two nights in Johannesburg and two nights at a luxury safari lodge in Greater Kruger National Park
- Stars of South Africa – Three nights in Cape Town, a four-night wildlife cruise, two nights in Victoria Falls, two nights in Johannesburg and three nights at a luxury safari lodge in Greater Kruger National Park
- Rivers & Rails of Africa – Three nights in Cape Town, a four-night wildlife cruise, two nights in Victoria Falls and a three-night Rovos Rail train journey from Victoria Falls to Pretoria
- Golden Trails of East Africa – One night in Johannesburg, a four-night wildlife cruise and two nights in Victoria Falls, two nights in Johannesburg and seven nights in luxury safari lodges in Tanzania, including Arusha, Tarangire, Ngorongoro and the Serengeti with an option to start in Cape Town for three nights
Guests who book an African itinerary will enjoy four nights onboard the all-suite, Zambezi Queen (pictured left), designed exclusively for up-close wildlife viewing along Africa’s Chobe River. Welcoming just 28 guests, the ship features an open-air pool deck, where travelers can relax with breathtaking 360-degree views of the Chobe River and its daily visitors, including the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. Guests will also enjoy private balconies offering unobstructed views and spacious staterooms. The environmentally responsible eco-ship uses a jet propulsion system that preserves the river bed and uses a solar heating system to supply guests with hot water.
New to the company’s Africa program is a four-night land extension in Rwanda, which can be added to each of AmaWaterways’ five African itineraries. The extension gives guests the chance to experience Kigali and Volcanoes National Park, which is home to rare mountain gorillas and golden monkeys.
“We are thrilled to offer our guests a new land extension, giving them another opportunity to experience some of the most exciting wildlife in all of Africa,” Karst continued.
For those who book before April 30, 2018, they’ll receive an Exclusive Early Booking savings of $500 off per person on any 2019/2020 Africa program. Guests are encouraged to book as soon as possible, as availability is limited.
For pricing, early booking promotional offers and specific itineraries, download AmaWaterways’ Africa Safaris & Wildlife Cruise 2019-2020 brochure at www.AmaWaterways.com. To request a print brochure, please contact your travel professional, order online or call (800) 626-0126.
Follow AmaWaterways on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmaWaterways and Twitter and Instagram @AmaWaterways.
A family-owned company celebrating 15 years on the river, AmaWaterways offers unforgettable river cruises with 20 ships that sail Europe’s Danube, Rhine, Moselle, Main, Rhone, Seine, Garonne, Dordogne, Dutch and Belgian Waterways and Douro rivers, Southeast Asia’s Mekong and Africa’s Chobe River. The company is renowned for its innovative stateroom design featuring unique “twin balconies”; its wide choice of included shore excursions featuring biking and hiking options for the active traveler; and its award-winning dining – including The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant as well as complimentary fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner. Modern, spacious and tastefully decorated, each ship carries less than 164 guests and features onboard amenities such as hair and massage salons and a fitness room and many have heated outdoor swimming pools with swim-up bars. AmaWaterways leads the river cruise industry with a variety of themed sailings and brand relationships, offering group or chartered sailings geared towards active travelers and families.
With the highest-rated ships in Europe according to the 2016 edition of Berlitz: River Cruising in Europe, AmaWaterways has received countless honors and accolades including 2016 Cruise Critics Editors’ Pick Award as “Best River Cruise Line” and Town & Country River Cruise Awards as “Best Overall,” “Best For Food,” “Best For Onboard Activities” and “Best For On-Shore Activities.”