We’re delighted to present a new edition of the world’s most authoritative and longest-running guide to cruising and cruise ships, now in its thirty-third year of continuous printing, and now with a free app and eBook.
In addition to featuring the hugely-anticipated, highly-revered Berlitz Evaluations and Scores, the 2018 edition also includes several exciting new additions, expansions and updates.
Please read on for a content overview, and to discover what’s new.
If you’d like a review copy, or are interested in writing a feature, please email Joanne@insightguides.com.
World-leading expertise, unparalleled insight: author Douglas Ward is the world’s foremost independent authority on cruising and cruise ships, with over 6,200 days at sea on more than 1,090 cruisesComprehensive, quality content: over 700 pages of invaluable information, with full-colour photography throughout.
Part One provides a wealth of information about life aboard, covering the likes of cuisine and dining choices, types of accommodation, spa facilities, entertainment, themed cruising – and more – to help travellers enjoy the ultimate cruise experience, whether they’re seeking unabashed luxury, or looking for something on a more modest budget.
Part Two sees 300 vessels rated and reviewed in unbiased detail, from large resort ships to boutique vessels, while the clearly laid-out ratings and scores index makes it easy to compare ships
Innovative print and digital package: includes an experience-enhancing FREE app and eBook, giving cruise-goers easy, instant access to ship reviews and practical information – simply download the app, scan the code inside the book, and you’re good to go!
NEW FOR 2018
- New: enhanced user-friendly design
- New: 33 Ways to upgrade your cruise
- New: 33 destination excursions to experience
- New: everything you need to know about ship casinos
- New: information about the thirty new cruise ships coming in 2018 and 2019
- Expanded: Star Performers section now includes the top ten best ships in each category (Large Resort; Mid-size; Small; Boutique)
- Expanded: more independent reviews and scores
- Expanded: more colour photographs, including images of all the featured ships
- Expanded: Frequently asked Questions chapter – What the Brochures Don’t Tell You
- Expanded: Cuisine chapter now features more tips about healthy eating, self-service buffets and more
- Expanded and updated: more coverage of smaller cruise line companies
- Updated: Major Cruise Lines chapter, including AIDA Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, Holland America Line, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean International
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Widely regarded as the world’s top authority on cruising and cruise ships, Douglas Ward has completed over 6,000 days at sea, participated in more than 1,000 cruises, 158 transatlantic crossings, and countless Panama Canal transits, shipyard visits, ship-naming ceremonies and maiden voyages. Often described as a maritime Sherlock Holmes, Ward leaves no stone unturned in his 200 sea days each year, examining everything from the fluffiness of the towels to the quality of the china and silverware, and from the welcome aboard to the disembarkation process.PRAISE FOR PREVIOUS EDITIONS
‘No other annual guide charts the growth of the modern cruise industry the way Douglas Ward’s authoritative annual Berlitz Cruising and Cruise Ships has done’ .– The Business Travel News
‘The author is the most feared critic in the business’ The Times, London
‘Read before cruising’ Daily News, New York
‘The serious cruise traveler’s Bible’ Cruisediva.com
‘Legendary’ USA Today
‘Level of detail and rigorous research are unbelievable’ BookPleasures.com
‘This is the encyclopaedia of cruising’ The Times-Picayune, New Orleans