Barbados IslandFit Games (May 10 – 11): IslandFit Games is one of the largest functional fitness competitions in the Caribbean. It provides an opportunity for athletes from all over to test their fitness against fellow athletes.
· Ninja Throwdown (May 11): The Ninja Throwdown is modeled off the “American Ninja Warrior” series and includes unique local twists. It’s the ultimate choice for the true adrenaline junkies and perhaps the perfect activity for a fitness focused family.
· SOL Rally Festival (May 31 – June 2): Rev your engines for a holiday unusual by attending the biggest motor sport event in Barbados at Bushy Park. Visitors can test their high-speed driving on the same track as Formula One champion, Lewis Hamilton. The park also offers go-karting packages for kids and amateurs.
· Dive Fest (July 3 – 7): Whether you can swim, float, dive, or prefer to soak up some sun on the beach, this festival has something for everyone! Dive Fest will feature water awareness programs, scuba and freediving demonstrations and trials, beach clean ups, conservation tips, lionfish hunting and tasting, as well as scuba dives all over the island – including the exhilarating east coast!
· Open Water Festival (November 6 – 10): Join hundreds of other swimmers and open water enthusiast in Barbados’ turquoise waters for races of 3.3, 5 and 10 km. Swimmers this year also have a chance to rub shoulders (or fins) with Oceans Seven swimmer, Cameron Bellamy!
· Run Barbados Marathon (December 6 – 8): The island’s largest running event is perfect for marathoners seeking to test their endurance against a tropical backdrop. Participants will run through the beautiful capital city and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown and its spellbinding natural harbor at Carlisle Bay.
· Beach & Wellness Festival (September 2019): More information coming soon.
Please let me know if you have any questions and/or need additional info. Feel free to share the brochure!