PEREGRINE ADVENTURES SETS ITS SIGHTS ON BECOMING THE WORLD’S MOST SUSTAINABLE CRUISE OPERATOR
New itineraries and eco initiatives position the brand as a leader in the adventure cruise space
Peregrine Adventures, an adventure travel company offering premium, immersive small group experiences, is disrupting the cruise industry with new tours and sustainable initiatives in 2018. The company is expanding its adventure cruise portfolio with the addition of five new itineraries across Asia, and announcing new eco initiatives to further cement Peregrine’s role as an authority in the sustainable cruising industry.
As part of its commitment to sustainable tourism, in 2018 the carbon-neutral travel company will ban all single-use plastics such as straws, cups, and water bottles on board its adventure cruising charter trips, providing passengers with reusable cloth bags and refillable water bottles. Furthermore, 90% of the food on each charter trip will now be locally sourced, a commitment that will further support the communities and economies of the smaller ports each tour visits, while offering the most authentic flavors from each destination to its passengers.
“We have big ambitions to grow a more sustainable style of cruise ship travel,” said Filippos Venetopoulos, Brand & Sales Manager of Adventure Cruising for Peregrine. “Our small ships are a greener alternative to a traditional cruise. They generate less waste, have a smaller footprint, and don’t overwhelm small port towns with thousands of travelers all at once. And with the introduction of our environmentally-conscious initiatives and range of new tours exploring lesser-visited destinations, we’re aiming to offer a sustainable option for all cruise travelers, wherever they may want to travel.”
In response to the growing demand for more sustainable cruises, Peregrine Adventures has launched five new itineraries in Asia for 2018, bringing travelers to ports across Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. The new tours, some of which are combinable and can be traveled in reverse, include:
- Cruising Thailand & Malaysia – Phuket to Penang (8 days): Visit the iconic island of Langkawi, choose from leisure and adventure activities beachside in Ao Nang, join in the relaxed pace of local life in Koi Yao Yai, visit waterfalls hidden in the jungle, and use the Andaman Sea as your swimming pool. From $3,020 USD
- North Vietnam Coastal Cruising – Hanoi to Danang (8 days): Starting in Hanoi, visit not only Halong Bay, historic Hue, and the important war sites of Vinh Moc and Khe Sanh, but also the largely unknown natural paradise of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. From $2,745 USD
- Cruising the Thai Islands – ex Phuket (8 days): Dine with locals, explore jungle and boulder-studded shorelines and swim and snorkel in the Andaman Sea while visiting The Simian Islands, Ko Miang, Ko Surin Tai and Khao Lak, which all offer the hallmarks of Thailand’s idyllic south without the glitz and bustle of mainland Phuket. From $3,040 USD
- South Vietnam Coastal Cruising – Danang to Ho Chi Minh (8 days): Dropping anchor in Hoi An, Nha Trang, Quy Nonh, Phan Tiet and more, travelers encounter centuries-old Cham architecture, age-old arts and crafts, and bays brimming with tropical fish and coral. From $2,940 USD
- Indonesian Island Cruise (8 days): Visit a selection of remote and seldom visited islands beyond Bali, like the tiny twin paradises of Saringi and Karamat, the incredible crater lake of Satonda, unspoiled Banta, Komodo dragon-filled Rinca, and forest-clad Moyo. From $3,020 USD
Having launched adventure cruises in 2017 for the first time, Peregrine Adventures saw incredible success with its first charter itinerary (sailing around Croatia), with 94% capacity overall on the pilot year’s seven departures. With this latest launch of adventure cruising tours in Asia, the company will now offer ten charter itineraries across Europe and Asia with 40 scheduled departures.
Peregrine Adventures adventure cruising tours are operated by small ships with no more than 50 passengers on-board, enabling travelers to visit the small ports that big ships can’t get to and explore little-known towns and villages outside of the crowded tourist hotspots. It’s a conscious choice, enabling the renowned responsible travel company to operate in the same immersive local style as it offers on over 300 trips on land each year. The new Asia itineraries build on an already extensive product range of adventure cruises in Europe and Morocco. All charter trips are accompanied by Peregrine Adventures’ local leaders and include onboard kayaks, all transfers and excursions, as well as most meals.
For more information, visit https://www.
For 39 years, Peregrine has been pioneering small group tours, ideal for travellers aged 45 and over who embrace the spirit of adventure. For us, that means delivering exceptional travel experiences in over 80 destinations around the globe. It means premium adventures that are completely immersive; it means hand-picked accommodation, intimate small groups, taking the route less taken, English-speaking local guides, added inclusions and a slower, more considered pace. Premium stands for an exceptional experience, but never an artificial one. Welcome to a new style of adventure travel. Peregrine is part of the Intrepid Group, the world’s largest provider of adventure travel experiences and a leader in sustainable tourism. www.
About the Intrepid Group:
Now the world’s largest provider of adventure travel experiences, Intrepid has been taking people off the beaten track to discover the world’s most amazing places for 29 years. The Melbourne-based company is privately-owned by two university friends who had the goal of building the business with a purpose beyond profit. The Intrepid Group now includes five tour operator brands, 20 destination management companies and a not-for-profit foundation that last year gave $1m to charities. Intrepid now takes more than 350,000 travellers each year on more than 2000 trips in more than 120 countries and on every continent. A carbon-neutral business since 2010, Intrepid trips are carbon-offset and designed to truly explore local culture, meet local people, try local food, take local transport and stay in local accommodation. Award-winning tour leaders, small group sizes and lots of included activities means travellers are able to have a sustainable local experience that is great value for money. Intrepid Travel’s founders now privately-own the Intrepid Group, a portfolio of brands that together are the largest provider of adventure travel experiences in the world.