Princess Cruises will offer seven new shore excursions to guests sailing on Sapphire Princess, one of its Southampton-based ships for this spring and summer. The 2,670-guest vessel will head to northern Europe and the Mediterranean from May to October 2018 on voyages ranging from three to 14 nights.
The new excursions are in addition to hundreds already on offer, which encompass a wide range of activities at the 42 destinations the ship will call at.
For guests sailing to northern Europe, the new shore excursions are:
· A coach tour to some of the most famous sights and landmarks of Copenhagen, Denmark, including the Little Mermaid statue and Amalienborg Palace Square, home to the Danish Royal Family. A trip to the Carlsberg brewery, including taste testing, will follow
· A visit to the Skagen Odde Nature Centre, also in Denmark, which was designed by Sydney Opera House’s architect and demonstrates the effects of sea, sand, light and wind on the environment. The visit will be followed by beer tasting at a microbrewery and the chance to sample regional delicacies at a local restaurant
· A walking tour of the medieval centre of Tallinn, Estonia, followed by a private pastry and truffle making lesson with the head chef of a local speciality café
· A journey by boat through the waters off Tromsø, Norway, taking in the local fjords, waterfalls and islands
· A Nordic food walk in Stockholm’s Hötorgshallen food market, Sweden, including the chance to sample local dishes
For holidaymakers heading to the Mediterranean the excursions comprise:
· A guided walking tour of ancient Rome, Italy, including time to explore the Basilica of Saint Clement. This first century church contains original medieval paintings, mosaics, frescoes and monuments
· A visit to the reopened Hal Saflieni Hypogeum, a prehistoric underground burial site in Valletta, Malta, with remains dating back to 4000 BC. This will be followed by a stop at the National Museum of Archaeology
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises’ vice president UK and Europe, said: “We’re continuing to tailor and enhance our shore excursions as we appreciate just how important it is for guests to immerse themselves in the destinations they visit. The new excursions complement our aim of providing experiences that cover all tastes and budgets, from foodies to history lovers, from those looking to conveniently take in the sights to those who want to head out by themselves for their own mini adventure.”
Princess Cruises is offering a 14-night Baltic Heritage sailing, roundtrip from Southampton on Sapphire Princess, from £1899 per person with $75 per person onboard spend when booked before February 28*. Departing Saturday September 8, ports of call include Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge), Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn and Gdansk (Gdynia).
Princess Cruises is offering a 14-night Mediterranean Adventurer sailing, roundtrip from Southampton on Sapphire Princess, from £1259 per person with $75 per person onboard spend when booked before February 28*. Departing Saturday July 28, ports of call include Barcelona, Rome (Civitavecchia), Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Genoa, Marseille and Gibraltar.
Shore excursions are available to purchase from around 120 days before a cruise. For more information or to book visit www.princess.com, call 0344 338 8663 or speak to your local travel agent.
Fare price based on two people sharing an inside stateroom. Price includes accommodation and all main meals onboard. The amount of onboard spending money will vary based on the length of the cruise and grade of stateroom that is booked. Offer expires February 28, 2018
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. A recognised leader in worldwide cruising, Princess carries two million guests each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in length from three to 114 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).