This Father’s Day spare dad of the collared shirts and tie clips and give him an experience he’ll never forget. Whether he’s the outdoor adventure type or a cigar and cognac kind of guy, these getaways are sure to rock his world.
· For dads with a love of all things nautical, a trip to the 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel is sure to float his boat. Perched along the St. Lawrence River in the 1000 Islands region, upstate New York’s most lauded destination, this AAA Four Diamond gem is “it” for an escape on the water. A preferred hotel of the Antique Boat Museum, the premier freshwater nautical museum in North America, 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel draws year-round water enthusiasts with the promise of world-class fishing, kayaking, rafting and customizable river cruises.
o The Antique Boat Museum, located just minutes from the hotel, has galleries with over 300 unique and beautifully-preserved boats and thousands of recreational boating artifacts. Its 4.5 acre campus comes alive with speed boat rides, boat shows, educational programs and more.
o For centuries, Clayton has been the center of fishing in the 1000 Islands. The crystal clear waters of the St. Lawrence River, drawing year-round fisherman, is home to a number of fish including Northern pike, walleye, bass, perch, panfish and muskellunge. Clayton draws fisherman from all over the country as well as professional fishing tournaments. 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel’s knowledgeable concierge is on hand to arrange fishing trips with local guides that are equipped with the latest in fishing tackle, electronic equipment and safety gear to ensure passengers’ safety and comfort.
o 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel’s Island Cruise Package takes guests aboard the boat of Captain Jeff Garnsey of Classic Island Cruises. The three-hour cruise via the St. Lawrence River is complemented by a local wine and cheese pairing. Accommodating up to six people, the cruise is fully customizable and can also include a tour of the stunning Boldt Castle, a bird’s eye view of Millionaires Row, or a trip down the famous Bootleggers tour dating back to the 1920’s. Based on overnight accommodations for two, rates start at $299. Each additional person is $50.
· Tucked away in the High Peaks of Lake Placid, the award-winning Whiteface Lodge, the only all-suite resort spa in the area, boasts 94 suites and a resort-inclusive concept designed to keep family fun at its peak.
o Dad can test the waters with the resort’s fully stocked catch-and-release rainbow trout pond complete with casting lessons and complimentary fishing equipment (part of the value of the Lodge’s activity driven Resort Inclusive experience). The Lodge’s experienced concierge team can arrange half or full day guided fishing trips for guests. Fly fishing and float fishing are the most popular and gear is provided. Nearby, the Adirondack Wildlife Refuge and Rehabilitation Center offers public fishing access.
o After dad has reeled in his catch, he can relax at the award-winning Spa with a selection of Modern Man treatments made just for him, like the Outdoorsman Facial and the Man Hands Soother.
o Before or after an exquisite dinner at KANU, dad can unwind with a cigar and cognac flight in one of the Lodge’s own hand-crafted lean-tos with a fire pit. Each is furnished with comfortable seating, warm blankets, a fire pit and a dedicated phone line connects guests to the services of a concierge. The lean-tos are sheltered on three sides, with the fourth open to majestic mountain and sky views.
· Whether dad is looking to unwind on the beach or for big thrills, Two of Florida’s premiere resort destinations, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa and Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, two of Florida’s finest diving destinations, offer white-sand beaches for chilling under the sun and diving packages for underwater thrills.
o Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa, Palm Beach County’s only AAA Four Diamond all-suite resort, is nestled on Florida’s famed Gold Coast with the world’s third largest Barrier Reef. Its private beach offers lush coral reefs, exciting underwater wrecks, and thousands of colorful fish, turtles, rays and more. Ready to dive into an adventure but short on experience? Through the Pura Vida Beginners Dive Package guests begin with an early morning scuba diving lesson in the resort’s infinity pool (overlooking the Atlantic) before heading offshore to explore the open water. The package starts at $454 based on double occupancy.
o Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, set on the ocean of Pompano Beach which was recently named one of the top 10 “up-and-coming” U.S. destinations in 2014 by TripAdvisor, offers guests a sunshine filled getaway with the simple pleasures of Florida beach living. Its Discover Scuba Package wets new divers’ flippers with an introductory pool session in the resort’s pool. Next, guests will be taken by boat out to sea to begin their scuba diving journey, which includes rental equipment, two dives and two tanks. The package starts at $344 based on double occupancy.
· Dads love barbecues and cars. Harbor View Hotel, Martha’s Vineyard’s renowned hotel destination located in the heart of Edgartown has combined both for a Father’s Day Car-B-Q Classic. A Power Cruise Parade will kick off on June 21 at 10 a.m. with a procession of classic cars and ride down from Bend in the Road Beach through Edgartown. From 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Harbor View will host a Classic Car Show on its lawn, a photo exhibit of antique Vineyard autos by Martha’s Vineyard Museum and a BBQ with favorites cooked to order. Classic cars can be entered for just $25 to win trophies ranging from Best of Show and first/second/third places. BBQ and professional snapshot of the car is free with entry fee, benefitting the Tisbury Firefighters Association Car Show.
· Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, the award-winning resort in Scottsdale’s Paradise Valley is fully prepared to treat dad to the finer things in life – cocktails, cars and clubs.
o If he’s into his spirits, Sanctuary’s jade bar with its unparalleled views, offers an extensive wine list, exquisite cocktails and cognac flights. For a hands-on cocktail experience dad can participate in jade bar’s Mixology 101. The three hour sessions include how-to instruction, trivia and tips focused on a different spirit each week, with plenty of sampling.
o If dad’s dream is to get behind the wheel, nestled into a plush leather driver’s seat, hands balanced on the steering wheel, cruising in a bright red Ferrari with its retractable hard-top to exalting speeds, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain can make his dream come true with its Ferrari Casita Package. The package includes a two night stay for two in a luxurious Mountain Casita, a picnic lunch from elements and a half-day car rental of 2010 Ferrari California. Rates start at $1,383 (excluding resort fee and gratuities).
o Dads into golf can put their clubs to good use at Sanctuary with its Casa Golfer’s Sanctuary Package, including a two nights’ stay, 18-holes of golf at Camelback Golf Course (Ambient or Padre course), continental breakfast per guest (tax and gratuity included) and roundtrip transportation to the golf course.
· Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills, the Monet-inspired retreat located in historic Plymouth, Mass., is encouraging dads to polish their putters and hit the links this Father’s Day with its Mirbeau Luxe Links package. Visitors can enjoy a round of golf at The Pinehills Golf Club which features two courses designed by Rees Jones and Nicklaus Design. One of New England’s premier spots, The Pinehills Golf Club is set on 300 acres of lush, rolling hills surrounded by towering pines. After a day on the course, guests will enjoy an overnight stay in one of Mirbeau’s French Country Estate-inspired guest rooms, featuring deep soaking tubs and fireplaces, and full breakfast the next morning. From May 16 through June 30, Sunday through Wednesday night rates start at $395, Thursday night rates start at $405 and Friday and Saturday night rates start at $455. All rates are based on single occupancy and include an 18-hole round of golf, overnight accommodations, breakfast, resort fee, tax and gratuities on package items. Package is based on availability and some blackout dates apply.