If you are looking for historic hotels:
• Hotel Galvez & Spa opened in 1911 and offers a Hall of History and a free audio history tour for smartphones. Hotel Galvez Brunch was just named to the 2015 Top 100 Best Brunch Restaurants in America by Open Table.
• The Tremont House opened in 1985 and is housed in a former dry goods concern that dates to 1879. The hotel celebrates 30 years in 2015.
If you are looking for a haunted hotel:
• Hotel Galvez has been featured on The Travel Channel and Discovery Channel for its ghosts.
If you are looking for a popular pre- and post-cruise hotel:
• Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21 is a five-minute walk to Galveston’s cruise ship terminal and is the only hotel located on the port.
• Note: Galveston is a homeport for Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Disney Cruise Lines.
If you are looking for romantic hotel packages:
• Hotel Galvez & Spa hosts an annual Galvez Wedding Vow Renewal in June and a weekend package is available or couples can opt to participate in the ceremony only.
• The Tremont House offers a “Marry Me” engagement package to take the pressure off the big proposal.
Just for fun:
• For Afternoon Tea: The Tremont House will host Sunday Afternoon Tea on Sept. 13 and Dec. 13
• For Ghost Hunters: Galveston is host to a several ghost tours year-round along with a year-round haunted house and during the month of October additional haunted tours are offered by the Galveston Historical Foundation and the Hotel Galvez & Spa. Hotel Galvez offers a dinner with the ghosts package on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays in October.
• For the Holidays: Beginning Nov. 14, Galveston offers daily holiday themed events and attractions including Moody Gardens Ice Land Ice Sculptures and Festival of Lights.
o Hotel Galvez hosts to the City of Galveston’s Holiday Lighting Celebration on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
o The Tremont House is the only hotel located inside Dickens on The Strand, a Victorian themed holiday festival held the first weekend of December.
• Hotel Galvez & Spa is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast.
• The Tremont House is the only historic hotel located in the heart of Galveston’s Strand Historic District and was a stimulus for the revitalization of this historic downtown.
• Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21 is the only hotel located on Galveston’s harbor and recently completed a $1.7 million renovation of its 42 rooms.