WHERE WILL HARRY AND MEGHAN GO FOR THEIR HONEYMOON?
Premier Holidays releases top-selling honeymoon destinations of 2017
Independent tour operator Premier Holidays has revealed the most popular honeymoon destinations of 2017.
Following yesterday’s royal engagement between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Premier Holidays has put together its suggestions on where the couple could consider for their honeymoon, based on what’s been selling well this year.
· Thailand – Offering a mix of culture, stunning beaches and its elephant experience at Khao Sok National Park, Thailand is Premier’s most popular honeymoon destination. Island hopping in particular has been in big demand for 2017, and this looks set to continue for 2018.
· Mauritius – Twin-centre trips encompassing a beach stay in Mauritius with a safari in South Africa have been incredibly popular this year when it comes to clients booking honeymoons. The ability to combine a lifetime experience with a relaxing beach stay, with amazing offers available for couples at Indian Ocean resorts, is high on honeymooners’ lists.
· Channel Islands – Premier Holidays has noticed more couples asking to book a ‘mini-moon straight after the wedding, with Jersey and Guernsey top choices for a few days’ away. With its high-quality cuisine, range of hotels and stunning landscape, it is an ideal escape for couples looking for a short break.
· Southern Africa – Southern Africa is continuing to grow in popularity and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down for 2018. Premier has seen more people booking small boutique properties away from tourist locations but within easy access to the main landmarks. After spending their first holiday in Botswana, perhaps Harry and Meghan might return to this up-and-coming destination for their honeymoon?
· Canada – With Canada celebrating its 150th anniversary this year, travel to the destination for 2017 is up year on year and has sold out a lot quicker than in previous years, especially in the key months from June to September.
· Borneo – Couples drawn by wildlife and the outdoors are booking Borneo for their dream honeymoon, with an overnight excursion to see the country’s native orangutans the most popular reason for visiting.
For more information or to book, please visit www.premierholidays.co.uk or contact one of Premier Holidays’ expert Reservations team on: 08444 937 531.
About Premier Holidays
Premier Holidays (www.premierholidays.co.uk) is a privately-owned, independent tour operator with 80 years experience in organising tailor-made holidays. The company’s travel experts have first-hand knowledge on all featured destinations and offer an individual and personalised service to travel agents and consumers. All travellers receive a personalised quotation including itinerary information, destination overview and images.
The company is the market leader for holidays to the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, and positions itself as a leading independent specialist for its vast array of long haul products.