Hotel refurbishments and new openings
- The Loren, a new luxury hotel and apartment complex, will open in April 2017
- The Belmont is updating its room furniture and décor early in spring
- Grotto Bay is renovating its rooms early this year
In addition, the new Ritz Carlton is due to open late in 2018 and the St Regis late in 2019.
35th America’s Cup, presented by Louis Vuitton
The most prestigious sailing regatta, which will take place in Bermuda between 26th May – 27th June, will welcome some of the world’s best sailors. There are various ways to watch the action on land and on water. Accommodation packages are also available:
- Spectator ticket options include the America’s Cup Village in Royal Naval Dockyard with standing or grandstand seating, Official Spectator Boats, Longtail Lounge or Goslings Dark ‘n Stormy Island Bar can be purchased via the official America’s Cup ticketing site, or via official travel providers, Travel Places.
- Helm Events is also offering an alternative way to experience the excitement of the racecourse with week-long packages whereby guests will stay on-board a spacious and modern catamaran, from where they will also be able to watch the racing action unfold.
Those visiting the island in the lead up to the event will also be able to witness the six America’s Cup teams, including British team Land Rover BAR led by Sir Ben Ainslie, training on their foiling catamarans on the Great Sound – the natural Amphitheatre where the racing will be held.
Due to high demand at the end of the America’s Cup in June, British Airways have announced an additional extra roundtrip service on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
Bermudian Entrepreneur, Kallie Marcus, has launched a yoga retreat aptly named ‘On & Off the Mat’ introducing a new and unique attraction for the tranquil traveller to Bermuda. The all-inclusive yoga package welcomes visitors for three days and four nights and features beach runs, paddle board yoga, meditation, spa treatments and more. There are 3 experiences to choose from;
- Experience 1 – Run & Relax (Run & Yoga Retreat)
- Experience 2 – Expand & Explore
- Experience 3 – O’Hana (Bring Your Family)
With ‘On & Off the Mat’, kids too are able to immerse themselves in to the mind and body connection without parents having to compromise their idea of a therapeutic getaway. An “On & Off the Mat” experience costs £636 GBP ($795 USD) and can be booked online at Go Kinetix. Accommodation and flights need to be purchased separately.
Marriage Proposal Flights
Blue Sky Flights has introduced a unique way to pop the question to those seeking a more unconventional proposal. Flying overhead Bermuda in a Cessna 172 aircraft, pre-made letters spelling out ‘Will you marry me?’ will be displayed on a beach of your choice with a special champagne toast on landing. Photos and video, from the wingtip and from the on-board dash cam will capture the reaction and be provided digitally. A recent proposal was captured on video, telling the full story: https://vimeo.com/182583754. For more information, or to book, visit Blue Sky Flights.
The food festival returns for the sixth consecutive year from Friday 12 January – Friday 3 February and for the first time is now serving lunch. The dinner line-up has expanded over last year with 50 restaurants now participating. Two-course lunch menus will be priced at $22 and available at 15 local restaurants while three-course dinner menus with three price tiers at $32, $42 and $52. Menus and pricing details for participating restaurants can be found HERE.
The Bermuda Tourism Authority has brought back the People’s Choice Award, allowing diners to vote for the restaurant they feel best incorporates local food culture in their menus. This year, 32 restaurants have chosen to offer Bermuda-inspired menus. Voting will take place online at foodies.bm or by guests sharing their Restaurant Weeks dining experience on social media using #BermudaRW. During the course of the campaign diners who vote for their People’s Choice qualify for the chance to have the BTA pick up the tab for their next Restaurant Weeks meal.
For more information on Bermuda visit www.GoToBermuda.co.uk