Located just northwest of the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, Castle Hot Springs was Arizona’s first luxury resort. For centuries, the Castle Hot Springs area was a medicinal healing habitat for the Yavapai and Apache Indians. In 1896, Castle Hot Springs opened as a resort getaway for wealthy tourists seeking solitude and the spring’s recuperative powers. In 1976, a fire at the main lodge closed the resort. After the fire, the resort was donated to ASU and was used for university retreats and outings before being sold in the 1980’s. A local partnership, with multi-generational roots in Arizona, purchased the property in 2014 and began restoring remnants of the original resort. Castle Hot Springs will consist of 32 luxury accommodations, including Spring Cottages which will have piping directly from the hot springs. The resort will also include an organic farm that will produce more than 150 varieties of rare fruits and vegetables for the restaurant and bar. Castle Hot Springs will cater to guests seeking seclusion, adventure, and relaxation, but will also be an ideal venue for weddings, corporate retreats, and family reunions. The hot springs are fed from a 10,000 foot underground cistern that produces more than 300,000 gallons of pure 120-degree mineral water per day. Castle Hot Springs is scheduled to reopen this fall.