Celebrate January 30th – National “Plan a Vacation” Day – with The Talbott
(CHICAGO, IL; January 11, 2018) – Say goodbye to 2017, hello to 2018, and a well-deserved hello to vacation days that are about to expire! To celebrate National “Plan a Vacation” Day on January 30 and entice the 44% of Chicagoans and more than 50% of Americans nationwide who don’t take all their vacation days, The Talbott Hotel is releasing a program of packages to make vacation and staycation days worthwhile this winter.
· Even though it’s cold outside, there’s always a warm welcome waiting for you at The Talbott Hotel! Make plans now for Martin Luther King holiday weekend – or anytime in January – and enjoy rates starting at $129 per night, with breakfast from 20 East included.
February: Recreate Your First Date
· It’s the most romantic time of year, and throughout February, The Talbott and 20 East want to recreate couples’ first dates as part of a love-filled hotel package. The 20 East culinary team will prepare the meal from their first date and serve it in the hotel’s oh-so-romantic Gallery Room. After enjoying the incredible meal, champagne, strawberries, and chocolate will be awaiting the couple in their suite.
February: Just Like a Fairytale
· Embark on a romantic adventure throughout the month in honor of Valentine’s Day. The Talbott will whisk couples away in a horse-drawn carriage tour of the Gold Coast, followed by a candle-lit dinner at 20 East. Couples will have the opportunity to rekindle the romance with prosecco, bubble bath, and rose petals awaiting them in their room. The next day, they will enjoy breakfast in bed and a late checkout.
March: Luck of the Irish
· Channel the spirit of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day at The Talbott Hotel. Guests will enjoy a full Irish breakfast at 20 East before heading out to the city’s festivities, including the annual dyeing of the Chicago River and the downtown parade. After the parade, merrymakers can warm up with an Irish coffee, topped with their spirit of choice.
April: An “Eggs”-traordinary Easter
· Celebrate Easter at The Talbott! The hotel marks the holiday with fun for the whole family: an egg decorating contest, an egg hunt throughout the hotel, and “Brunch with the Bunny” at 20 East with the Easter Bunny!
Guests can book reservations for any of these winter packages and many more by visiting The Talbott website.
About The Talbott Hotel
Built in 1927 in Chicago’s posh Gold Coast neighborhood, The Talbott Hotel, a Joie de Vivre property, recently underwent an extensive $20 million renovation. The hotel reopened May 1, 2017, unveiling a fresh new look with updated interiors throughout, as well as refreshed public areas, meeting rooms, and event spaces.Recognized by TripAdvisor as one of the “Top 25 Hotels in the United States” in the 2010 Travelers’ Choice Awards, guests rave about Talbott’s welcoming staff that takes personal pride in delivering unequaled service. The artfully-appointed guest rooms and suites are pet-friendly. Get up-to-the-minute news by following the hotel on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. For more information about The Talbott Hotel, please call 312.944.4970 or visit www.jdvhotels.com\talbott-hotel.
About Joie de Vivre Hotels
Since its founding in San Francisco in 1987, Joie de Vivre has made curating authentically local and eclectic experiences its signature. Each one of Joie de Vivre’s hotels is an original concept designed to reflect its location and engage the five senses. Today, the brand manages the largest collection of boutique hotels and resorts in California and also has properties in Chicago, New Orleans, and Washington, DC. Joie de Vivre is establishing its foothold on the East Coast with hotels soon to open in New York City and Baltimore, MD. Joie de Vivre Hotels is a Two Roads Hospitality brand. Follow @JDVHotels on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for news and updates. For more information, please visit www.jdvhotels.com.
About 20 East
20 East (20 E. Delaware Pl.) is the new restaurant at The Talbott Hotel featuring quality-driven and modern takes on American fare from Culinary Director Ryan Devitt, served with playful presentation and inventive flavor. Appealing to guests and locals alike, 20 East serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, offering salads, sandwiches, large plates, sides, and specials. Additionally, the bar serves craft beers, wines, and culinary cocktails that pair perfectly with the cuisine. The restaurant is open for breakfast Monday through Sunday from 7 – 11 a.m., lunch Monday through Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and dinner Monday through Thursday 5 – 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 5 – 11 p.m., and Sunday 5 – 9 p.m. For more information, please visit www.20eastchicago.com.
Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.