Singapore, May 2018 – Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts will celebrate its annual Vitality Week this June with the goal of inspiring guests to recharge, venture into something new and feel energized for the summer months ahead. The 2018 call to action, ‘Power the Heart, Boost the Soul’, invites locals and visiting guests alike to maintain their mental and physical fitness through invigorating and nourishing food, beverages, activities and services at Swissôtel locations all around the world.
“Our guests have a zest for life and share our mind-set of being open, energetic, passionate and happy,” said Lilian Roten, vice president, Swissôtel Brand. “We express this through our very own commitment to Vitality. More than just a programme, the spirit of Vitality permeates everything we do, from our well-being offerings to our menus and meeting planning. Our guests want to feel great today and even better tomorrow and we love providing new ways to engage their minds, bodies and souls.”
Vitality Week will kick-off on 4 June 2018, culminating on Global Wellness Day on 9 June. Throughout the week, special Vitality events and activities will be introduced, many of which will carry on throughout June and even throughout the year. Hotels across the Swissôtel network will participate, featuring a variety of Vitality Week brand rituals such as:
- Five Tibetan Rites – Swiss Edition – The Five Tibetan Rites are five simple exercises that invigorate the body and mind. No need for equipment or preparation. Swissôtel makes it easy to get started and has paired each pose with an empowering thought to set intentions and activate energy flow. A guide to the activity will be provided to guests at arrival, in guestrooms and online at swissotel.com so guests can continue to practice at home.
- Vitality Express Massage – Busy guests don’t always have time to lie back and indulge in a revitalising massage, no matter how much it may be needed. Vitality Express massages are designed to aid those in need of some timely R&R. A trained masseur will bring a massage chair to guestrooms or lounge areas for a 15-minute neck, shoulder and head massage – just enough to work out the kinks and increase well-being.
- Smoothie Trio – Freshly squeezed vegetables and fruit juices are an excellent remedy for fatigue and essential to Swissôtel’s popular range of Vitality drinks. A vibrant new trio of smoothies will be introduced during Vitality Week, featuring a morning kick-off smoothie; a high-noon smoothie; and, an evening siesta smoothie.
- Energy Coffee – A healthy start to the day begins with a balanced breakfast and a boost of energy. Swissôtel has developed a series of delicious and wholesome energy coffees sparked with invigorating spices such as ground cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to rev up energy and lift moods. Energy coffees may be served in the hotel restaurants or in to-go cups available in the lobby.
In addition to these brand wide initiatives, many Swissôtel locations will also celebrate Vitality Week in unique, authentic and destination-specific ways. For example:
- At Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah, Henna Art Tattoo will be available. This Five Senses Craft Experience will allow guests to create a customized talisman to inspire mindfulness and positive energy.
- At Swissôtel Büyük Efes, Izmir, guests will be invited to hear from Dr. Göksel Gülcan, a leading expert trained at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, to discuss “Metabolic Balance”. Following the talk, Vitality themed refreshments and cuisine will be served.
- Swissôtel Zurich will offer custom Smoothies in the Summer Garden by Le muh, using fresh herbs harvested from the culinary teams’ own urban garden. Savoury flavours to mix and mash include sage, thyme, rosemary, lemon thyme, parsley, Moroccan mint, chives and oregano.
- Swissôtel Chicago is getting set to put the ‘fun’ in fundraiser. Celebrity yogi Carla Jian will lead guests in an hour long yoga class followed by a cocktail reception featuring Vitality drinks and cuisine. Guests may also try out the Vitality Express Massage and a Five Sense Vitality craft. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Illinois chapter of SOS Children’s Villages, an international organisation that Swissôtel has supported since 1999.
- At Swissôtel Quito in Ecuador, guests will be revitalized by the Five Tibetan Rites – Swiss Edition, nourished by the Vitality Smoothie Trios, and stimulated by the Energy Coffee, custom roasted by a local supplier and flavoured with the earthy spices for which Ecuador is famous.
- Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore will offer Sunrise Yoga on the hotel’s helipad featuring the Five Tibetan Rites; table Tennis in the lobby to get bodies and heart rates jumping; colouring therapy sessions to release anxieties; and a calligraphy service in the lobby for a Five Senses Craft Experience that will enhance focus and mind-body connections.
- At Swissôtel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach, guests will enjoy sipping their Energy Coffee knowing they can recreate it at home once they engage in the resort’s Energy Barista lessons. The Vitality Express Massage also takes on a local flair with Thai massage expertise and an aromatic oil derived from indigenous herbs.
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair & Swissôtel Living Al Ghurair in Dubai will begin the week with complimentary yoga, followed by high energy fitness activities such as the Triathlon Swissôtel Al Ghurair Edition, Exercise Healthy Heart and Nirvana Breathing. On Global Wellness Day, a spa seminar will provide education on the health benefits of regular spa treatments including demonstrations of massage and scrub techniques.
During the month and throughout the year at all Swissôtel destinations, regular Vitality programming will continue, with the popular Vitality Guides for local neighbourhood walks, Jogging Maps, Mindfulness Podcasts, Vitality Meeting Breaks, Digital Detox Postcards, Worry Eaters for children, in-room fitness equipment and exercise cards and Vitality Drinks and Vitality Cuisine.
Vitality at Swissôtel
Launched in 2012, Swissôtel’s Vitality Programme focuses on body and mind providing travellers with a well-balanced programme while travelling. In Switzerland, hiking in the Alps, eating organic food and staying fit at one’s own pace is essential. Vitality is both a philosophy and a programme for Swissôtel, and is its initiative to help guests to maintain their mental and physical wellbeing as comfortably and easily on the road as they would at home. From meetings to menus, Vitality aims to enhance the natural energy and healthy lifestyles of guests and is apparent in each and every detail of the Swissôtel experience.
One of the best-known Swiss brands in the world, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers contemporary hotels infused with the freshness and vitality of alpine energy, rooted in the tradition of Swiss hospitality. Respected for its intelligent design, quality craftsmanship and mindful approach to sustainability, Swissôtel gives its guests peace of mind to explore the world, discover life’s true rewards and embrace opportunities to ‘live it well’. The Swissôtel brand was founded in 1980 and today numbers more than 30 hotels globally including flagship properties such as Swissôtel The Bosphorus in Istanbul, Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore and Swissôtel Krasnye Holmy in Moscow. Swissôtel is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travellers to feel welcome at more than 4,300 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
swissotel.com | accorhotels.com