August is National Golf Month, giving golfers everywhere the perfect excuse (as if they needed one) to pack their clubs and head for the greens. But for an occasion of this importance – we’re dedicating a whole month to it, after all – why make it just a day on the course when there’s still plenty of summer left to plan a dream golf getaway? Here are a few great options:
· Two words: Pebble Beach. It’s on every golfer’s bucket list. And now, Pebble Beach Resorts guests can follow in the footsteps of the game’s greatest players with Summer Stay & Play. Valid through Sept. 6, the package includes two nights at The Inn at Spanish Bay, a round of golf on Pebble Beach Golf Links, and a second round on the guest’s choice of The Links at Spanish Bay or Spyglass Hill Golf Course, which Golf Digest course raters call “a must-play for any true golfer…” Travelers enjoy a 20-percent savings on their third and fourth nights when they extend their stay. The package starts at $2,295. For more information, visit www.pebblebeach.com or call 888-251-9790.
· 18 holes and the Tao of Golf. From its perch above Paradise Valley, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain is just minutes from some of Arizona’s top courses, including the 36 championship holes at Scottsdale’s Camelback Golf Club. Golfers can play early in the morning to beat the summer heat, then return to their mountain retreat for a cooling dip in the pool and a Tao of Golf treatment at the renowned Sanctuary Spa. The bodywork treatment is designed to stretch, warm and release tight and tired muscles through Thai, therapeutic and resistance stretching techniques. Book at www.sanctuaryaz.com or call 855-245-2051.
· Home, home (near) the range. Perfect for a golfers’ getaway with family or a group of friends, several luxury vacation home rentals in InvitedHome’s Colorado portfolio offer prime, private accommodations within minutes of championship play, not to mention stunning Rocky Mountain scenery. Just minutes from Telluride Golf Club, where rumor has it golf balls travel 15 percent farther thanks to the high altitude, the four-bedroom Tomboy Retreat sleeps up to 15 on four floors – all accessible by private elevator. After a round of golf, guests can keep the competitive spirit alive with a game of pool in their own game room.
Near Beaver Creek Golf Club, one of the longest established golf courses in Vail Valley, is Holden Lodge, a vacation rental that’s more log castle than cabin. At a sprawling 7,800 square feet, the five-bedroom retreat sleeps 12 — all of whom could probably fit in the master bath’s expansive shower. Other features: a home theater, game room, wraparound deck and gourmet kitchen, plus distinctive design details like a galvanized soaking tub. For reservations, visit www.invitedhome.com or call 866-600-8075.
· Stay More, Play More in the Adirondacks. Tucked into the High Peaks of the Adirondacks, Lake Placid’s Whiteface Lodge is a rustic all-suite luxury retreat near three excellent golf courses –Craig Wood Golf Course, Whiteface Club & Resort Golf Course and Lake Placid Club. With the Stay More, Play More package, guests enjoy a nightly credit of $100, $150 or $200, which they can apply to a range of activities and products – including golf – when they book a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite respectively. Credits can also be applied to spa services, dining, boat rentals, BMW town car rentals, retail items, and children’s program, enabling guests to custom-create their dream getaway. Rates start at $548. Reserve at www.thewhitefacelodge.com or call 888-582-0505.
· Gold Coast golf. Golfers can go from ocean blue to golf greens in a best-of-both-worlds getaway on Florida’s Gold Coast – all at great summer rates. Guests of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, halfway between Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale, have the beach at their doorstep and four championship courses within six miles: the recently redesigned and renovated Greg Norman Signature Pines Course at the Pompano Beach Municipal Golf Course, just one mile away; two Fazio-designed courses at Palm-Aire Country Club in Sarasota; the Rees Jones-designed Crystal Lake Golf Club in nearby Deerfield Beach; and Deer Creek Golf Club, also in Deerfield Beach. Summer rates start at $101. Book online or call 855-954-4683.
Just up the coast from Pompano Beach, the resort’s sister, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Resort & Spa, also offers proximity to great golf at North Palm Beach Country Club. Set along the Intracoastal Waterway, the course is one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Municipal courses in the U.S. and is a stand-out among Florida golf destinations. Guests at the Marriott, Palm Beach County’s only all-suite beachfront resort, enjoy private beach access and expansive accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, all for a low summer rate starting at $180. Make reservations online or call 561-340-1700.
Please let me know if this fits into any upcoming editorial, or if I can provide any additional information. A selection of images can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmgmvppvawaaqs0/AABavdgIKiLSFc1MkkB7z6F1a?dl=0.
_______________Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.