ROMANCE AND REVELRY: DESTINATIONS FOR LOVE
Hotels across the country are creating love-inspired experiences for guests this Valentine’s Day
In a world that could use a bit more loving, hotels from coast to coast are opening their doors to honor love’s big day on February 14. For both lovebirds and loners, guests at the following eight properties may enjoy a Valentine’s Day trip to remember. Travelers can book a getaway with luxe spa treatments and fine dining at The Adolphus in Dallas, skate their hearts out at Chicago Athletic Association hotel, or indulge in a romantic New England vacation at The Godfrey Hotel Boston.
Spa at JW Chicago (151 W. Adams St.)
- In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Spa at JW Chicago invites couples to enhance the romance by offering an exclusive experience which can be added to any couple’s spa treatment booked between February 11 – 17, 2018. Guests that book the enhancement will enjoy a 25-minute couples soak, two glasses of Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Once spa services are complete, guests will retreat to The Lobby Lounge to enjoy a glass of wine and cured charcuterie for two. This enhancement is available for an additional $195 per couple and must be added to an existing couples experience such as Couples Escape package or the Couples Journey package at Spa at JW. For reservations, call 312.660.8250 or visit online atwww.jwmarriottchicago.com/spa More information regarding couples’ spa packages is included below.
- Couples Escape – For 50 minutes, guests are able to share the experience of a massage with a loved one, galantine, or friend in one of the Spa’s beautiful suites especially designed for two. The massage therapists will guide the couple’s spa journey customizing a relaxing and healing experience.
- Couples Journey – Guests are invited to experience 105 minutes of relaxation with a loved one with the Couples Journey. Spa-goers will enjoy a gentle exfoliating full body scrub followed by a cozy soak in an infinity tub perfect for two. As part of the romantic journey, couples can relax together during side-by-side massages tailored to specific needs using ultra hydrating body butter to leave skin soft and hydrated. Service begins 15 minutes after booked start time.
Fall in Love with Sweeping Lakefront Views
The Blackstone (636 S. Michigan Ave.)
o Guests of The Blackstone can sweep their Valentine off their feet with breathtaking views of Chicago’s lakefront upon booking the hotel’s Stay In Love at The Blackstone package, including an upgraded room with views of Lake Michigan; a welcome amenity featuring a bottle of bubbly and The Blackstone’s take on chocolate covered strawberries; and Barcelona Bites from Mercat a la Planxa, the Catalan-inspired restaurant located inside the hotel, including sangria and an appetizer for two.
o The package is available for booking on The Blackstone’s website.
Kisses and Cocktails
I|O Godfrey (127 W. Huron St.)
· At the year-round rooftop lounge at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, couples can always keep cozy, even in the midst of a Windy City winter. The Winter Wonderland at the indoor|outdoor space offers guests heated, transparent igloos – perfect for sharing an intimate moment under the stars but away from the cold. Guests can roast s’mores over the firepits, share an interactive hot cocktail made for two, or attend the special event celebrating love at the rooftop, Kiss Me! Valentine’s Social, on Saturday, February 10. This Valentine weekend social invites guest to bring a soulmate, sidekick, or anyone in between to enjoy a night of celebrating love in all its forms. Kissing booths on the terrace provide the perfect place to pose for a photo with a sweetie while enjoying a sweet cocktail. Plus, a surprise celebrity guest will be in attendance for those looking for a new crush.
· Admission to the Kiss Me! Valentine’s Social is complimentary. Reservations for tables and igloos at the event on Saturday, February 10 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. can be made by calling 312.374.1830.
Love Takes Over
The Godfrey Hotel Boston (505 Washington St, Boston, MA)
- The Godfrey Hotel Boston, the lifestyle boutique hotel located in Boston’s Downtown Crossing neighborhood, invites guests and their better halves to cozy up and celebrate this Valentine’s Day in tasty, luxurious comfort. Guests who book a romantic getaway at The Godfrey Boston between the dates of February 9 – February 18, 2018 will be greeted by a bottle of Veuve Cliquot and a welcoming crew of beloved, classic chocolate mice from Boston-local chocolatier, L.A. Burdick in their spacious guestroom. If guests choose to keep the whole night in-house, they will receive a 10% discount on a special pre-fixe Valentine’s menu at The Godfrey’s onsite restaurant, RUKA Restobar on Valentine’s Day, February 14. Complimentary valet parking and a 2pm check-out will also be offered to encourage a little extra R&R.
- Reservations for stays between February 9 – February 18, 2018 can be made here. Reservations for RUKA Restobar’s Valentine’s Pre-Fixe Dinner are available on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and can be made onlineor by calling the restaurant at 617-266-0102.
JW Marriott Chicago (151 W. Adams St.)
- Travelers and locals alike are invited to experience love at the landmark, luxury JW Marriott Chicago hotel. Whether lucky in love, head-over-heels, or attempting to affectionately sweep that Valentine off their feet, JW Marriott Chicago offers a Valentine’s Day package that provides the perfect romantic itinerary for couples. Upon arrival, guests will enjoy two glasses of Champagne and a fresh bouquet of roses in-room to surprise that special someone. After enjoying The Lobby Lounge’s his and her pairings of chocolates and choice of whiskey or wine, guests will return to their room with a special rose petal turndown service. Guaranteed to impress, guests can add a couple’s spa experience from Spa at JW to the Valentine’s Day package for even more luxury, elegance, and added relaxation. Contact JW Marriott Chicago for more information or visit www.jwmarriottchicago.com/
Make this Valentine’s Day One to Remember at The Adolphus
The Adolphus (1321 Commerce St., Dallas)
· The Adolphus is celebrating the most romantic day of the year throughout the property with a specialty room package, spa experience, and more. The hotel’s “Do Not Disturb” package includes a Spa Adolphus essential oil amenity, $100 spa credit, complimentary valet, breakfast in bed, and a bottle of bubbles. City Hall Bistro – the hotel’s light, bright all-day dining restaurant – offers a love-inspired cocktail class, where guests can learn to craft a Lavender French 75 and more, and dinner for $150/couple on Valentine’s Day. The landmark fine dining destination, The French Room, offers a seven-course menu for $195 showcasing luxurious ingredients such asKagoshima Wagyu and Seared Foie Gras. This romantic menu is offered the weekend before and days leading up to Valentine’s Day. Finally, Spa Adolphus features a Strawberries & Champagne special.
· Book the “Do Not Disturb” package here. For a reservation at City Hall Bistro, please visitwww.cityhallbistro.com or call 214.651.3686. For a reservation at The French Room, please visitwww.thefrenchroom.com or call 214.651.3615. To book an appointment at Spa Adolphus, please call 214.651.3670 or email the Spa Concierge at Spa@Adolphus.com.
PSA for Singles Awareness Day
Thompson Chicago (21 E. Bellevue Pl.)
· Thompson Chicago, the award-winning luxury lifestyle hotel located in the heart of Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood, protests the overrated February 14 holiday by celebrating Singles Awareness Day instead and begging the question, who needs a valentine anyway? Guests at the hotel may join in the love protest fun by enjoying a weekend getaway with friends, complete with a glass of Prosecco upon arrival (to celebrate being single), a personal shopping experience at Bloomingdale’s for two, Lexus transportation to restaurants or bars of the guests’ choice for the evening, and a late check out of 2 PM the following morning – allowing guests to sleep off a night of revelry in the name of friendship.
· Thompson Chicago’s Singles Awareness Day package may be booked here. Forty-eight hours advanced booking notice is required.
The Talbott Hotel (20 E. Delaware Place)
· It’s the most romantic time of year, and throughout February, The Talbott and 20 East want to recreate couples’ first dates as part of a love-filled hotel package. The 20 East culinary team will prepare the meal from their first date and serve it in the hotel’s oh-so-romantic Gallery Room. After enjoying the incredible meal, champagne, strawberries, and chocolate will be awaiting the couple in their suite.
· Couples can also enjoy the Just Like a Fairytale package. The Talbott will whisk couples away in a horse-drawn carriage tour of the Gold Coast, followed by a candle-lit dinner at 20 East. Couples will have the opportunity to rekindle the romance with prosecco, bubble bath, and rose petals awaiting them in their room. The next day, they can enjoy breakfast in bed and a late checkout.
· Reservations for Recreate Your First Date, Just Like a Fairytale, and more can be made here.
Spa and Sparkling
LondonHouse Chicago (85 E. Upper Wacker Dr.)
· Those looking for a romantic winter getaway this Valentine’s Day may flock to LondonHouse Chicago, the luxury lifestyle property on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive. With the hotel’s Spa and Sparkling package, couples receive a $100 credit to LH Spa on the hotel’s fifth floor, where they can enjoy treatments such as a Warm Honey Drizzle Massage or an Espresso Scrub, Rub, and Chug. Additionally, guests will also receive a strawberries and Champagne welcome upon arrival to their guestroom.
· Guests may book this spa and stay package at LondonHouse Chicago, for stays February 14 to 18 and February 22 to 25, here or by calling the hotel at 312-357-1200.
There Are No “Blu” Valentine’s on Galentine’s Day
Radisson Blu Mall of America (Bloomington, MN)
· Radisson Blu Mall of America’s Galentine’s Day package is the cure for any “blu” Valentine this holiday. The chic, urban hotel invites guests to enjoy the ultimate girlfriends’ getaway with a day of retail therapy at Mall of America, connected to the hotel via Sky Way, in addition to an exclusive discount book and complimentary package pick-up from anywhere inside the nearly five-million-square-foot Mall of America. After a day of shopping, guests can unwind with complimentary cocktails at the onsite restaurant, FireLake Grill House & Cocktails Bar, or relax in-room with a bottle of chilled champagne, a sweet snack from Macarons by Maddie Lu, and Galentine’s Day flare to commemorate the occasion.
· To reserve Radisson Blu Mall of America’s Galentine’s Day package, visit the hotel’s website.
Two Ways to Look at Love
Chicago Athletic Association hotel (12 S. Michigan Ave.)
- The historic property along Michigan Ave. provides guests with two distinctive Valentine’s Day options. From an over the top experience that will sweep a Valentine off their feet or a sporting take on date night, the hotel offers romance at every level.
- An Evening of Extravagance Package – For one night only on Valentine’s Day, lovebirds are invited to indulge in the ultimate lap of luxury in the name of love with the “Evening of Extravagance” package, including an evening’s stay in the hotel’s most luxurious suite, the Founders Suite. Throughout the course of the evening, guests will enjoy private dinner for two in the White City Ballroom accompanied by a string quartet and personal photographer, ballroom dancing lessons in the Madison Ballroom, followed by private cocktails within Milk Room, the celebrated speakeasy on the second floor.
- To end the evening, guests will be treated to handcrafted chocolates and custom sweets by Executive Pastry Chef Jove Hubbard, accompanied by a bottle of champagne in the Founders Suite and individually-monogramed Chicago Athletic Association hotel robes. The following morning, guests will enjoy breakfast in bed for two. An Evening of Extravagance at the Chicago Athletic Association hotel is available on Wednesday, February 14 for $10,000. To book please call 312-940-3552.
o Eat, Skate, Love/Hate – Singles, couples, trios, and more – all are welcome at the Chicago Athletic Association hotel this Valentine’s Day as the hotel brings back its annual skate sessions with a twist: Eat, Skate, Love/Hate. Whether the heart is broken, skipping beats, or just full of love for roller skating, this two-night roller-skating event features classic love jams to swoon to and songs to scream in angst. To learn more about Eat, Skate, Love/Hate in Stagg Court and purchase tickets for one or several sessions, visit www.chicagoathleticevents.com
o Eat, Skate, Love/Hate Sessions:
§ Friday 2/9: 6-8 p.m. & 9-11 p.m.
§ Saturday 2/10: 6-8 p.m. & 9-11 p.m.