The Chatwal | New York, New York
Offering welcome respite in the heart of the Theater District, the 2,400-square-foot Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden features three treatment rooms, fitness center as well as an indoor saltwater lap pool and a Jacuzzi plunge pool. Plus, the Red Door is tucked underneath the hotel’s lobby like a wellness bank vault. Ambient noise is minimal.
- What’s New: The Chatwal launched an exclusive collaboration with Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow’s yoga and spiritual guru, Eddie Stern. Complete with a Chatwal-red mat, his “Pause & Take a Breath” app, featuring nine 12-minute yoga lessons with music by Moby is now provided to hotel guests on a complimentary basis through the in-room iPads. For a more personalized training, Chatwal can also coordinate one-on-one private class appointments with Eddie or one of his instructors.
Napa Valley | California
According to the most recent Visitor Profile Study, visiting a spa is one of the top reasons people come to the Napa Valley. Crystals that enhance massage therapy, superfoods such as monk fruit and homemade probiotic granola that promote well-being, and sleep-inducing snacks including dried cherries and pistachios, are just a few of the forward-thinking health and wellness trends that can be found in Napa Valley.
- What’s New: Thanks to its relaxing and mood-enhancing effects, CBD is a trending ingredient in spa treatments. Solage Calistoga is now offering Healthy Lotus CBD oil in its massages, facials, and body scrubs; and Mount View Hotel & Spa features a sound healing therapy paired with a CBD-infused wrap. Guests can also opt for a selection of CBD wellness massages at Spa Terra at The Meritage Resort.
UXUA Casa Hotel and Spa | Trancoso, Brazil
Nestled in the remote fisherman’s village of Trancoso, UXUA’s Almescar Spa is truly of the earth. All products are made using the techniques of the Pataxo Indians, incorporating the tree-sap found only in that part of the world – almescar. Even the building itself is made of locally reclaimed woods constructed by native craftsmen.
- What’s New: UXUA recently completed a top-to-bottom refresh of the Almescar Spa including three treatment rooms and a new sauna as well as a new product line and new menu.
The Christopher | St. Barts, French West Indies
Located above the rocky shoreline of the popular neighborhood of Pointe Milou, The Christopher recently reopened following a complete renovation including the Sisley Spa, which features five treatment rooms all opening out to the ocean below. The large teak terrace offering views of the bay and outdoor daybeds facing the sunset are always in demand.
· What’s New: The spa most recently launched a new lomilomi massage, mimicking the sounds and movements of the waves, that combines light stretching, kneading, and acupressure to awaken and balance the body’s energy flow.
GoldenEye | Oracabessa, Jamaica
The FieldSpa at GoldenEye is built into the jungle-like landscape on the edge of the crystal-clear blue lagoon, allowing guests to swim or kayak to their spa appointment.
· What’s New: The property will unveil the new FieldSpa later this year. As part of the several-month development, two new spa huts will open, along with a new hammam and yoga deck. A selection of elixirs, juices, and healthy bites incorporating fresh ingredients from the hotel’s farm, Pantrepant; and a new therapy menu will be introduced. This expansion will provide direct access to the new spa cove, a crescent of sand nestled along the property’s signature lagoon.
Viceroy Riviera Maya | Mexico
Viceroy Riviera Maya’s resident shaman oversees the Jardin Pak’al, the garden where he grows herbs used to treat guests at the Wayak Spa. One-on-one consultations with guests are conducted in the K’óben (Mayan herb kitchen), to determine individual preferences and needs before a personalized experience is created. The signature treatment, Hunan-Kab, incorporates honey harvested on-property. The Melipona Bee Honey (Bee Cheii) is thought by the Mayans to be medicinal. The honey is applied using herb compresses soaked in a special tea before guests enjoy a massage in nature next to a waterfall.
· What’s New: Every Monday, guests can participate in a complimentary Mayan walk that starts with guided meditation and a blessing by the Shaman in the garden before walking through the pool and to the beach.
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa | Mexico
Set within 200 acres of lush jungle and Caribbean beachfront, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa offers a wide variety of spa treatments and wellness programming inspired by its Mayan surroundings. Guests of the Kinan Spa can indulge in honey-based spa treatments thanks to the on-site apiary or take their time with a number of Slow Beauty rituals built on ancient traditions.
· What’s New: For travelers looking to stay active on vacation, the hotel has appointed Franco Livi – former trainer for greats including Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray – as the its resident instructor. As part of the new “Perfect Match” package, Franco will develop workouts focused racket technique and game strategy supplemented by fast-paced ‘beat the pro’ matches and 30-minute cardio tennis sessions. Beginning at $650 per night for two people, the package includes daily 60-minute private tennis lessons followed by 50-minute muscle release treatments at the Kinan Spa.
La Réserve Ramatuelle | Ramatuelle, France
Although it’s only six miles from St. Tropez, La Réserve Ramatuelle is nestled within a Mediterranean jardin overlooking the Côte D’Azur and is the ideal escape for travelers looking for a bit of R&R. The hotel’s spa offers multi-day Nescens retreats. The Nescens brand was developed by Professor Jacques Proust, a pioneer in the realm of biology of cellular aging and anti-aging medicine, at Geneva’s Center for the Prevention of Aging at the Clinique de Genolier. Each of the Nescens programs begins with a check-up with the spa’s team of medical professionals during which time the guest’s physical fitness, medical history, and diet are evaluated. An itinerary is then tailor-made for each individual based on their medical record and personal goals.
- What’s New: La Réserve Ramatuelle will reopen in mid-April with new Nescens programs and will unveil the property’s first beach club on the coveted Pampelonne Beach.
Royal Mansour | Marrakech, Morocco
The three-story, hand-crafted Royal Mansour Spa, resembling an elaborate white birdcage, is reason enough to visit the palatial property. The spa’s design incorporates Moucharabieh, an element of traditional Arabic architecture that includes a window enclosed in carved wood latticework. The Spa also features an indoor pool with vaulted glass ceilings and a traditional hammam with its narrow, unadorned passageways and succession of spaces, lighting effects, and lanterns.
· What’s New: Royal Mansour has introduced new Bespoke Hammam Treatments. Here, each step of the traditional technique will be personalized to the specific skincare needs of each guest using ingredients sourced from Morocco’s bountiful environment. Purifying clay, for example, has been collected from the Atlas Mountains while roses from the Kalaat Megouana valley are used in a new regenerating body wrap and local saffron is infused into the ‘gourmet glow’ wrap.