Following on the footsteps of the award winning THE RIDE – a 75-minute ground breaking theatrical tour experience that comes to life in the heart of Times Square – the company launched THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE Powered By THE RIDE earlier this year. Tickets are now available to buy pre-departure in the UK through Travel Republic www.travelrepublic.co.uk/Attractions from £31 for Adults and Children.
This is a brand new multimedia historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan’s most notable landmarks and neighbourhoods which will be enhanced with the magic of Timelooper virtual reality app, allowing visitors to travel back in time and relive iconic moments in history. The tour will begin at 200 Water Street overlooking the New York Harbour and will explore the Seaport and lower Manhattan, the very blocks where rough and tumble New York roared to life, struggled to be born into freedom and through freedom’s challenges evolved to what it is today.
What to expect on THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE:
- 90-minute multimedia historic adventure of Downtown Manhattan
- Fun, original and informative music and videos that support our Storyteller’s deeply researched historical narrative
- Theatre-style, side facing seating and floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views
- Enhanced with the magic of Virtual Reality you will experience moments that will lift your imagination out of your seat as you participate in George Washington’s Inaugural, experience Black Tuesday, 1929, fly to the astounding view of One World Observatory, endure an immigrant’s passage across the sea, and more!
- Locations and iconic landmarks include South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge, Governor’s Island and the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park City, 9/11 Memorial and One World Trade Center.
Each of THE RIDE’S head-turning mobile theatres measure over 45-feet long, 13-feet high, and 8-feet wide; they hold three rows of sideways facing stadium seats and a floor-to ceiling wraparound window. Vehicles are equipped with the most modern audio and visual technology enabling THE RIDEcustomers to interact with the city as part of the experience. Attractions C