- Major event – Super Bowl LLI on February 04, 2018 with a theme of the “Bold North” with Justin Timberlake performing at half time. There are weekly events leading up to the big event and several other area events will be held leading up to the Super Bowl celebrating winter in Minnesota under the name “Bold North Festival”. These will include the US Pond Hockey Championships, the Saint Paul Winter Carnival, the Minneapolis Loppett cross country ski race and many special concerts and events around the Minneapolis St Paul area. https://www.mnsuperbowl.com/about
- Paisley Park will host Celebration 2018 April 19-22, 2018 celebrating the anniversary of Prince’s death for a second year; special concerts and interviews with performers that were part of Prince’s life will feature at Paisley Park and area venues like the Dakota Jazz Club and First Avenue will hold concerts and events during that time; tickets to Celebration 2018 can be purchased at https://officialpaisleypark.com/pages/celebration-2018 , tickets for the other venues will be available at those venues.
- A new waterpark hotel opens next to the Mall of America in November 2017, the largest shopping and entertainment complex in the US. An Intercontinental hotel (4 star plus) will open at MSP International Airport in July 2018 and will also offer MOA packages. mallofamerica.com
- On 26 April 2018, WOW Air will start flying from London to Detroit www.wowair.com
- Shinola, the American luxury lifestyle brand, will open its first hotel in Detroit in Autumn 2018 at the corner of Woodward Avenue and Grand River. Detroit’s Wurlitzer Building is midway through a $23 million renovation that will transform the 14-storey, 1926 structure into a 106 room, upscale boutique hotel called The Siren. Starwood Hotels are transforming the Metropolitan Building into an upscale, mixed-use development called the Element Detroit at the Metropolitan Building. This adaptive re-use project will include the restoration of the hotel’s exterior and a top-to-bottom renovation of the interior, whilst preserving elements of the original ornate lobby and mezzanine. www.visitdetroit.com
- One of Michigan’s most popular tourist attractions, the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is undergoing a $115 million expansion project. The new areas will increase educational offerings, expand horticulture exhibitions, provide more galleries for sculpture exhibitions and art storage facilities, The project also will add room for guests to move about safely and easily, host more events, and create additional space that is LEED-certified and architecturally significant. It will also add parking capacity and improve vehicle flow on the 158-acre campus and is scheduled to be completed in 2021. www.meijergardens.org
Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.